Carnival Salon Services - Hair Braiding?

Kaki321

Hey there, anyone use Carnival Salon for Hair Braiding? If so, do you have pics you would like to share? :). I did search but didn't find anything specific to Carnival Salon.

Three of us are interested and want to have it done the first day (or first day at sea) as opposed to waiting until the 3rd day when we reach a port.

I already know about the cost differences. (In fact, Carnival sent me a cost list for all services). What can I say, we are impatient and will pay! It will be so much easier to deal with braided hair from the get-go.

Just curious if there is anyone out there who would like to share their experience.

Are you looking to do the whole head or jsut a few pieces?

Sun screen for your head is a must or you will be in alot of pain from sunburn.

Its a lot of work taking them out..

Have you considered getting it done at home before you leave instead of wasting precious cruise time having your hair braided.

I dont know if all three could get it done at the same time because I dont think they have three hair dressers onboard/

KAKI, what was the Carnival price for various braids services?

My daughter wants to do the partial ones again that start at the hairline and end on top, in the area where you would wear a headband. She has had them twice, once from a salon in Hawaii (very nice job, sewn in) and once in Nassau (horrible, so tight her scalp swelled around them. We had to remove them the next day.)

I am trying to decide between having her hair done on the ship or getting them the day before at a salon in town here.

KAKI, what was the Carnival price for various braids services?

My daughter wants to do the partial ones again that start at the hairline and end on top, in the area where you would wear a headband. She has had them twice, once from a salon in Hawaii (very nice job, sewn in) and once in Nassau (horrible, so tight her scalp swelled around them. We had to remove them the next day.)

I am trying to decide between having her hair done on the ship or getting them the day before at a salon in town here.

Hi there - - and thanks to all who replied

The cost is $3.00 per braid or $5.00 per braid with beads

I am interested in the same type of braids your daughter wants, partial. I thought about going to the salon here in Chicago before we leave, but it's going to be kinda nuts flying my niece in to go on the cruise with us, packing, etc...I am pretty much in charge of all of that :mad:

I agree that time getting hair braided might be some time "wasted", but hopefully it will be somewhat relaxing

Serene, thanks for the suncreen reminder, I had thought about that last night too.

For anyone interested, I do have the full salon prices on all services. Let me know and I am happy to send.

KAKI,

Just keep in mind that the number of braids needed to look good is pretty high. I was just looking at my daughter's pictures from Hawaii and she had between 16 and twenty. (She was ten) I think I had "pre-arranged" a target number of braids with the stylist. Otherwise they will do really tiny ones. I remember sitting there adding up the cost as she went along and stressing out about how much it was going to end up being. In other words, you have to say: I don't want this to cost more than X dollars when you are done.

When using suntan lotion purchase the spray on kind. It doesn't build up like the creams do.

To remove them use a rat tail comb. Use the tail and place in middle off braid and pull. ALso you should condition the hair and braids before removing them. Helps with tangles.

Also don't be alarmed at the amount of hair that comes out. You have a daily amount that falls out and now they are all braided and can't so when you let loose it looks like alot.

This is from my review when we sailed the Victory

I had my daughters hair braided at the salon on Sat., we made the appointment and arrived 15 minutes early, we told the girl we wanted half of the head done, ( $ 45.00 ) she started the first braid, and then told us she did not have enough beads so she would use elastics only, I thought Ok, what do I know... Well the stylists did her hair 12 braids and when she was done she asked if we liked it, I said it was pretty, but what she really braided was her bangs back, her head was not done. She walked us over to the desk to pay and pointed out that there was spot to indicate the tip amount. LOL Ya right...

Well by the time we rode the elevator and made our way to show my husband who was sitting by sirens pool, one of the elastics broke.. My husband took her back up to the salon and another one broke, the girl handed my husband some elastics so he could fix it. LOL

By morning 5 braids were out, my husband returned to the salon looking for a refund and was told he could have $ 10.00 off, We complained at the pursers desk and was given an address to write to. By the time we went through customs, all but one elastic had broke... We were not impressed to say the least.

KAKI,

Just keep in mind that the number of braids needed to look good is pretty high. I was just looking at my daughter's pictures from Hawaii and she had between 16 and twenty. (She was ten) I think I had "pre-arranged" a target number of braids with the stylist. Otherwise they will do really tiny ones. I remember sitting there adding up the cost as she went along and stressing out about how much it was going to end up being. In other words, you have to say: I don't want this to cost more than X dollars when you are done.

good point. they do have prices for full head (short, medium or long hair), but no prices for half head. I assume a price can be met

I will send you the prices if you want via email. don't want to start a debate here on the benefits/cost diff of Carnival spa versus island workers.

This is from my review when we sailed the Victory

I had my daughters hair braided at the salon on Sat.' date=' we made the appointment and arrived 15 minutes early, we told the girl we wanted half of the head done, ( $ 45.00 ) she started the first braid, and then told us she did not have enough beads so she would use elastics only, I thought Ok, what do I know... Well the stylists did her hair 12 braids and when she was done she asked if we liked it, I said it was pretty, but what she really braided was her bangs back, her head was not done. She walked us over to the desk to pay and pointed out that there was spot to indicate the tip amount. LOL Ya right...

Well by the time we rode the elevator and made our way to show my husband who was sitting by sirens pool, one of the elastics broke.. My husband took her back up to the salon and another one broke, the girl handed my husband some elastics so he could fix it. LOL [/size']

By morning 5 braids were out, my husband returned to the salon looking for a refund and was told he could have $ 10.00 off, We complained at the pursers desk and was given an address to write to. By the time we went through customs, all but one elastic had broke... We were not impressed to say the least.

Well that certainly gives me food for thought! Thanks so much for the input. Sorry about your experience. I would have been upset as well and wanted my money back!

My daughter had her hair braided on the ship at the end of the cruise on the Legend. Our excursions on shore took up all our time and she didn't have time on shore to get it done.

It wasn't the same as having it done on shore........as you know the price is much higher, braids aren't as tight, they didn't hold as long, and they didn't want to spend much time on her hair.....five braids......and she was pushing us out the door. She didn't use pretty beads, just regular rubber bands.

Get is done on shore....

• 3 weeks later...
Hi , I was wondering if you could post the prices of the salon if you can . ?

Thank You !!

It';s a very long list, I will try

Hair Rituals

Shampoo and Style Dry

short hair $ 30.00

medium length $ 35.00

long hair $ 45.00

Shampoo, Trim or Restyle and Style Dry

short hair $ 52.00

medium length $ 65.00

long hair $ 70.00

Hair Up Styles

without shampoo and style dry $ 30.00

with shampoo and style dry $ 45.00

Elemis Frangipani Hair and Scalp Treatment

(add style dry) $ 26.00

Men's Trim or Restyle and Style Dry $ 29.00

Men's Wet Cut (only) $ 23.00

Beard Trim $ 10.00

Comb Out $ 15.00

Fringe Trim $ 10.00

Shampoo (no style dry) $ 15.00

Corn Braid (x 1) $ 3.00

Corn Braid with Bead (x 1) $ 5.00

Corn Braid Full Head (short length) $ 90.00

Corn Braid Full Head (medium length) $180.00

Corn Braid Full Head (long length) $270.00

Semi-Permanent Color and Style Dry

short hair $ 49.00

medium length $ 54.00

long hair $ 59.00

Permanent Color (roots only) and Style Dry

short hair $ 64.00

medium length $ 69.00

long hair $ 79.00

Permanent Color (full head) and Style Dry

short hair $ 84.00

medium length $ 94.00

long hair $104.00

Highlights and Style Dry

short hair $ 79.00

medium length $ 89.00

long hair $ 99.00

Partial Highlights (add style dry) per packet $ 3.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips and Toes Ritual

** Please check for availability of these services on your cruise.

Repolish $ 15.00

Traditional Manicure $ 25.00

Elemis Exotic Hand Ritual (includes manicure) $ 40.00

French Spa Treatment for the Hands $ 28.00

Traditional Pedicure $ 40.00

Sole Delight Foot Ritual (includes pedicure) $ 55.00

Foot and Ankle Massage $ 35.00

Nail Fix $ 10.00

Acrylic Nails - Full Set (refills only) $ 40.00

Acrylic Nails - Full Set $ 75.00

Paraffin Wax (add) $ 15.00

Spa Carnival: Spa Rituals

The prices below are subject to change and may vary slightly from ship to

ship; services may not be available at all times on all ships.

Face Rituals

CQ/GL

Elemis Aromapure Facial $ 99.00 $109.00

Elemis Aromapure Time for Men Facial $ 99.00 $109.00

La Therapie Back Treatment $ 99.00 $109.00

La Therapie Hydralift Facial $ 99.00 $109.00

La Therapie Intensif Vitamin Anti-Oxidant

Treatment (add only to the Hydralift Facial) ** $ 25.00 $ 30.00

La Therapie Intensif Age Zone Treatment ** $ 25.00 $ 30.00

Add any 2 treatments below to the Hydralift Facial

. Hydra Lip Intensif

. Intensif Eye Treatment

. Hydra Neck Intensif

. Hydra Peel Hand Treatment

Body Rituals

CQ/GL

Well Being Back Massage (25 minutes) $ 65.00 n/a

Well Being Massage (50 minutes) $ 99.00 n/a

Swedish Massage (25 minutes) n/a $ 72.00

Swedish Massage (50 minutes) $ 99.00 $109.00

Elemis Absolute Face and Body Treatment $160.00 $176.00

Couples Massage $220.00 $242.00

The Spa Taster $ 99.00 $109.00

Reflexology ** $ 99.00 $109.00

Japanese Shiatsu Body Massage ** $ 99.00 $109.00

Deep Tissue Sports Therapy Massage ** $105.00 $116.00

Body Glisten Granule Rub with Back Massage $127.00 $141.00

Body Glisten Granule Rub with Well Being Massage $160.00 $178.00

Elemis Total Glow Tanning Treatment $127.00 $141.00

Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy ** $159.00 $175.00

Deck Massage in chair (15 minutes) $ 15.00 $ 15.00

Deck Massage on table (25 minutes) $ 65.00 $ 72.00

Sun Bed (x 1 treatment) ** $ 17.00 $ 21.00

Sun bed (x 3 treatments) ** $ 43.00 $ 52.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exotics

CQ/GL

Aromaspa Ocean Wrap ** $115.00 $127.00

Aromaspa Ocean - Wrap and Well Being Massage $205.00 $228.00

Aromaspa Ocean - Wrap and Well Being Back Massage $158.00 $176.00

Ionithermie Algae Detox $119.00 $132.00

Ionithermie Algae Detox (course of 3) $297.00 $330.00

Float (add) ** $ 15.00 $ 15.00

Fitness

CQ/GL

Personal Training (1 hour) $ 75.00 $ 75.00

Personal Training (course of 3) $191.00 $191.00

Pilate's Training (1 hour) ** $ 75.00 $ 75.00

Zone Diet Training (1 hour) ** $ 75.00 $ 75.00

Body Composition Analysis $ 30.00 $ 30.00

Pilate's Class $ 10.00 $ 10.00

Yoga Class $ 10.00 $ 10.00

Kick Boxing Class $ 10.00 $ 10.00

Cycling Class $ 10.00 $ 10.00

Chakra Balancing Capsule (25 minutes) ** $ 45.00 $ 45.00

Chakra Balancing Capsule (50 minutes) ** $ 60.00 $ 60.00

Water Rituals

CQ/GL

Bathing Ritual ** $ 29.00 $ 32.00

Archived