Need guide in Montego Bay, please

Yellowrose5

My family of 10 (ages 83 to 11) will be cruising on the Conquest on 28 May. We want to hire someone to take all of us from Montego Bay to Dunss Falls & then to the Hard Rock Cafe in Ocho Rios & then back to the ship. Does anyone have the name of a guide we could hire? And if not, where do I look? Since this is new to me, you will have to spell things out--exact web page address, etc. Also, I've been reading the messages about bunge cords? what's that for? how do you use them? We plan to hit all 3 HRCs in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel--anyone know if the HRC in Cozumel is open for service since the hurricane? Thanks for your help.

My family of 10 (ages 83 to 11) will be cruising on the Conquest on 28 May. We want to hire someone to take all of us from Montego Bay to Dunss Falls & then to the Hard Rock Cafe in Ocho Rios & then back to the ship. Does anyone have the name of a guide we could hire? And if not, where do I look? Since this is new to me, you will have to spell things out--exact web page address, etc. Also, I've been reading the messages about bunge cords? what's that for? how do you use them? We plan to hit all 3 HRCs in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel--anyone know if the HRC in Cozumel is open for service since the hurricane? Thanks for your help.

Have a look here at the port of call board for Jamaica.. you can then search the boards for your other ports!!:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

we use barret adventures in jan. 06!! we loved them..... it was just us and one other couple... they took us to mayfield falls... shopping and to a nice sorta secluded beach!!! it was awsome!!! he staye with us alllll day!! oh yeah-- he also new the best place to eat jerk chicken with the locals!! instead of the tourist places--- we had a blast!!!! they do have a website... several tours to pick from..... he was our tour guide all day... very professional.... :)

rebecca

We used A-Z Vacation Planners in Montego Bay. There were five of us, ages 20-85. We didn't do the falls, but we had Clive the entire day and he was at our service! I would suggest e-mailing Belinda or Georgeann at www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com They are very professional and prompt at getting back to you. Clive was in the terminal in Montego Bay holding a sign and was extremely kind, especially with the elders! Have a great trip.

Guest dirtdiva

Based on recent reviews, we are going to book Clive with A-Z Planners in May and our age group sounds similar to yours. We are not doing Mayfield Falls, but are going to do the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and general sight-seeing. What other sites did you enjoy that day with Clive? Did you run into anyone on your cruise that used Barrett Adventures and if so, what did they think of them? We are also considering Sunset Beach, but didn't know if that might be fairly crowded. Thanks for your help.

• 3 months later...
we use barret adventures in jan. 06!! we loved them..... it was just us and one other couple... they took us to mayfield falls... shopping and to a nice sorta secluded beach!!! it was awsome!!! he staye with us alllll day!! oh yeah-- he also new the best place to eat jerk chicken with the locals!! instead of the tourist places--- we had a blast!!!! they do have a website... several tours to pick from..... he was our tour guide all day... very professional.... :)

rebecca

Where was the nice sorta secluded beach? Do you remember the name?

Archived