Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour

faithwins

Hey Everybody

Well we were planning to do the Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour while in St. Martaan on our cruise but to our dismay it was fully booked. Anyone know if you can book this somewhere else or go there and try our luck?

Thanks and God bless

We were there last Thursday. I called to make a reservation, but they don't take them other than what you book thru cruise line. They told me to show up early before the cruise passengers show up, or you will have to wait for them to go first. We rented a car (see above thread about renting car) and drove right out, easy to find if you watch for it. Got there in plenty of time before the cruise ship tour, and went right in.

It was much more strenuous than I expected. I am 41 year old and fairly physically fit. I'm 5'7" and it was tough on some parts to reach the next step. DH and I both thought it would be more "zipping" and less climbing. I probably wouldn't do it again, but it was a fun once in a lifetime thing.

Price is $40 per person US$. Read an earlier thread that said it was $33, but that is Euro's.

A colleague went recently and just showed up for the zip line - no problems.

If you can, try the little cafe at Loterie Farm - it was one of the best meals we had in St. Martin. I'm still craving the tempura banana!

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am considering this excursion in April. Prefer not to do it with the cruise line. Thinking about renting a vehicle and driving to it on our own. Has anyone done this recently? Did you do the Extreme zipline? How physical is the Extreme? Is there somewhere that my 70 year old mother can sit and watch?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

We did the Lottery zips last Feb. It was a big disapointment!!:mad::mad:

Keep in mind we have zipped at about a dozen other locations around the world. Its no place for someone in there 70's, the worst issue is with the ladder system. They are home made of 2x4's that are spaced way to far apart, atleast 16". and when you are climbing up or down its very difficult. The cable runs are short and on many you will need to pull yourself across to the end. All in all I would spend the day at the beach next time. Not trying to burst your bubble but its my opinon....Later all.....

I did this Tree Top Adventure when I was 62 and found it very hard and I am very active. There were 32 stations and I made it through 24 of them when my grip totally gave out. I wanted to quit but the guide went in front of me and hooked and unhooked the safety lines and pushed the "ladders" closer so I wouldn't have to reach so far to step from one to the other. I was not prepared for it to be so difficult. Am I glad I did it? Yes. Would I do it again knowing what I now know? Not on a dime. I'd look for one that was nothing but zipping. And, to top it off, after I finished and went back to the ship we rode the Segways for the first time. My legs were so weak I could barely stand on the Segway but we had fun anyway.

Good luck if you do this tour. By the way, I'm 5'8" and have long legs and it was quite a stretch from one "ladder" to the other.

I really really enjoyed the Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure. It is more than ziplining and quite physical but a wonderful experience. There is a place for a 70 year old to sit but she may not be able to see much, maybe only the last zip line? I can't remember the exact layout. We did not book this trip through out ship but booked a tour of the island from an indepentdent site on-line (Island Market Tours) and one of the stops was the Treetop Adventure. It was an amazing tour of both sides of the lslands, we saw it all!!!! Our guide was so awesome and kind. We had a BLAST!!!!!

Archived