Plan Excursions for NCL Mediterranean Cruise Trip in November 2024

GaryGL

I booked the Norwegian Escape Mediterranean Cruise Trip starting from Barcelona on Nov. 17, 2024. This is our first European cruise trip and we want to see more if time and costs permit. As recommended by friends, we will fly to Barcelona from Ottawa Canada one day ahead in case of bad weather or other unexpected delays. In planning the activities in Barcelona, I found www.barcelonadaytours.com, which offers a small group tour around the city and provides pickup and drop-off services from hotels to the cruise ship terminal. I also booked the excursions to Florence and Rome from NCL, which would guarantee you do not miss a thing in these historical cities. Especially in Rome, the tickets to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica are limited and you need to plan ahead of time.  

5 minutes ago, GaryGL said:

I booked the Norwegian Escape Mediterranean Cruise Trip starting from Barcelona on Nov. 17, 2024. This is our first European cruise trip and we want to see more if time and costs permit. As recommended by friends, we will fly to Barcelona from Ottawa Canada one day ahead in case of bad weather or other unexpected delays. In planning the activities in Barcelona, I found www.barcelonadaytours.com, which offers a small group tour around the city and provides pickup and drop-off services from hotels to the cruise ship terminal. I also booked the excursions to Florence and Rome from NCL, which would guarantee you do not miss a thing in these historical cities. Especially in Rome, the tickets to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica are limited and you need to plan ahead of time.  

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There is a Ports of Call topic on this forum that will provide lots of information for you regarding a Med cruise. Look under the Catagories section at the top and it will lead you there.

Just wanted to mention that you will miss a lot on a one day tour at any port with an excursion. Most of it will be drive bys as there just isn't enough time. I spent 3 days in Barcelona during my visit there and am doing the same in Rome and there is still more to see. But at least you will get a taste and know what you want to see in depth next time you go.

Enjoy your cruise!