Nassau nights

semala

There is SO much I want to do in Nassau. I wish we had more time there! My ship gets in at 11am and leaves at 10pm. From reading these threads and looking over the iteneraries it looks like I'll only get one water event in.. I'm leaning towards the Yellowbird party boat but also considering a pure snorkeling excursion. Is the snorkling at the beach the Yellowbird stops at worth anything? But back to the question I'm making this thread for. What is there to do in the evening / at night, after we get back? I'm not big on bars, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of local dancing or show or entertainment. If there's nothing colorful I think I might just end up back on the ship by about 6pm!

There is SO much I want to do in Nassau. I wish we had more time there! My ship gets in at 11am and leaves at 10pm. From reading these threads and looking over the iteneraries it looks like I'll only get one water event in.. I'm leaning towards the Yellowbird party boat but also considering a pure snorkeling excursion. Is the snorkling at the beach the Yellowbird stops at worth anything? But back to the question I'm making this thread for. What is there to do in the evening / at night, after we get back? I'm not big on bars, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of local dancing or show or entertainment. If there's nothing colorful I think I might just end up back on the ship by about 6pm!

Neither beach that the yellowbird goes to has decent snorkeling, you'll have to take a snorkeling tour to enjoy a day of snorkeling.

As for evening entertainment, you can head to the Marina Village at Atlantis for music and dancing in the courtyard, or the British Colonial Hilton for a local entertainer and Band (along with dancing). Jay Mitchell plays every nite except mondays. Lounge atmosphere with table service, not a bar/club.

Band starts at 9pm Jay takes the stage at 10pm. He sings soca, R&B, motown, calypso and oldies. Very entertaining.

Thanks for the feedback. The lounge idea sounds really nifty, but the ship leaves at 10pm so I won't be able to make it. I was afraid that would be the case with the party boat. I suppose I'll just have to get my snorkeling done in Key West.. Unless I can convince my cruisemate that it would be more fun than free rum punch! :rolleyes: I'll have to check into the prices for a land vacation to Nassau.. that looks like the only way I'll get done half of what I want to do there!

Archived