Paradise Guaranteed Booking

Devoli

I have never booked guaranteed before, so I am not sure how it works when I check my luggage at the pier. Do I get my cabin assignment first, then turn my luggage over to the porters? If not, how long will it take my luggage to get to my room?

Normally the porters/CCL people have a manifest with cabin numbers on it to give you before sending off your luggage, but don't panic if you don't get your cabin number before sending off the luggage, all the TBA tags go to one area and then still delivered to your cabin... odds are you will get your number first though at the pier. Have fun.

If you have not receieved your luggage by late night the first night--check the pursers desk because they usually have lots of unclaimed suitcases sitting off to the side.

Living on Earth is expensive,

but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We just got off the Paradise yesterday and had booked an inside guarantee. ...we were in R8 which was a porthole cabin. I was dissapointed at first but then "loved" the cabin. The porthole cabins have a huge ledge under the windows that you can sit in or use for extra storage. (It measures probably 3' x 4' in size.) My DH used it to store all of his bulky scuba equipment...I'm not sure where we would have put it all otherwise!!

We got to the port shortly after 11 a.m. and the place was deserted!! The porter looked up our cabin numbers (no surprise there!!) and had us replace the gray TBA tags with the appropriate colored tags. We didn't have to fill out all of the information...just put the cabin number on the tag. I made sure to have a marking pen so this only took a couple of seconds. We got all of our luggage with no problems.

I'm curious...what cabin category are you in??

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

I hoped you enjoyed the Paradise. Thanks for the luggage tip - I will take some address labels with me.

We booked a 6A Guarantee and our documents are showing us on the Empress Deck.

Wgho was your cruise Director and did you do the Eastern or Western route?

The cruise director was Jeff Bronson...he was "OK", not great. We were on the Western route.

Being on the Empress deck will be very convenient...one floor up for dining and three decks up for the Lido deck. My husband joked that we were in "steerage" being on the lowest level of cabins (Riviera). That probably wasn't such a bad thing though...we tried to take the stairs as much as possible and I still gained 3 pounds!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

mine has TBA after the booking number... I guess I am stuck waiting till I get there. It is sure fun wondering though... and a huge surprise waiting for us that day and with this ship there is nothing but insides, which are under our guaranteed level and suites left.

Nancy

Archived