Parents! Need carseat advice!

Guest kernfam01

First of all...Most airlines will not let you use a booster seat for your older child. I tried and they are not airline approved. Also in the ports I have been to there have been no seatbelts in the cabs so car seats are useless anyhow. My son has a Graco booster. The back detaches from the seat. The seat is legal to use alone with a seat belt and a seatbelt clip depending on the height of your child. If you haven't bought a booster for the younger child you might want to get a Graco now and use the seat portion for your older child for this trip. For easy transport I bungee the seat (without the child on it of course) to the handle of my carry on. While it is a little bulky it is fairly light. I think for the little one you will have to bring the entire carseat. Having seen a lot of damaged carseats you may want to invest in a good quality carrying zip on cover if you plan on checking the carseat in as baggage. Depending on your airline you may be able to gate check it too.

My local Wal Mart has the Tote n Go. We took it to the Caribbean but when we realized there were no seatbelts it was useless. We returned it when we got home.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Archived