OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE SEPTEMBER

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, BDL said:

In the past you have been a fabulous source of information.

Sorry if I've been slacking a little lately. But the last 4 cruises have been great in the Yacht Club. You never go wrong booking the Royal Suite. And there is very little one can find fault with in YC. It is outside the YC that can be disturbing, so have your butler run interference and get you seats everywhere.

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with our travel agent and I thought it would be nice of us to give all the CC readers a heads up on a booking that will be scooped up unless MSC screws up and holds the cabin anyway. Had to wait til this morning to talk with TA. We canceled Christmas on the Seascape our Royal Suite #16026. So if anyone has a problem insist that as of today within the hour it should be available.  There are two reasons. DW, in the middle of this cruise decided to retire and concentrate on cruising. Which means we are no longer tied to school holidays and we can opt for non holiday weeks with so many less unruly children (they range from 4 to 54). And instead while on board the Seascape we took advantage of 5% on board booking discount and booked Explora for one week before Christmas.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sorry if I've been slacking a little lately. But the last 4 cruises have been great in the Yacht Club. You never go wrong booking the Royal Suite. And there is very little one can find fault with in YC. It is outside the YC that can be disturbing, so have your butler run interference and get you seats everywhere.

I did NOT mean to insinuate you were slacking! Whenever I had questions in the past it seems you'd already answered them somewhere.  💕  Always appreciate your point of view.  This will be my first in a Royal Suite and am really looking forward to spoiling my mother for her 90th. 

After 5 YC cruises I did my first cruise this past August in Aurea and really there is no comparison with YC.  Vowed then and there to only do YC in future.  

23 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

And instead while on board the Seascape we took advantage of 5% on board booking discount and booked Explora for one week before Christmas.

Given the dragging EJ has been getting over on that board, I'm surprised you would return.

Even some early cheerleaders are doing a 180 degree turn, due to issues.

1 minute ago, no1talks said:

Given the dragging EJ has been getting over on that board, I'm surprised you would return.

Even some early cheerleaders are doing a 180 degree turn, due to issues.

I was banned from their board from posting for 8 days... challenging a poster on board that was complimentarily upgraded to the Owners Suite and asking why ? He replied "Because they were nice people." As in everyone else on board are not nice people. I used to enjoy Jazzbeau's posts and documentaries and especially his sense of humor. But today he is not the same. I don't think it's him hosting anymore, more than likely Jazzbelle.

Now when we were on board the Explora 1 this past Christmas/New Years we had a great time. Plenty of good entertainment, refined passengers that drink  and don't get drunk, NO self service buffet, majority that dressed for the occasion, no unruly children (4 - 54). Our Cove cabin was a duplicate of Seaships Royal Suite though too small for DW compared to Seaships. We were treated like Royalty, almost as good as Seascape, with 650 prima donnas there was no one to butt in front of and no one to look down my long nose at. What does @kelleherdl have to say ? I respect the professor's opinion.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 6:57 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

@DaKahuna is entirely correct about the arrival at Terminal C POM. When compared to where MSC used to dock at a larger terminal. Here are photos of what we had. A nicer spread and December we had Christmas carolers. Notice the bigger room, the space, the more comfortable furniture. On the right, the edge of the checkin table in the caroler photo. Today we are grouped in the same room with steerage watching us down champagne and munch on chocolate nuts. Just wait til the new terminal. MSC will bowl all Yacht Clubbers over with opulence (I hope). We were impressed on our first MSC YC cruises in the other terminal. We had nice background music when no carolers. Also I recall that when the ship was ready to board they called the RS & OS to come forward first to board with a separate butler. A nice touch. I dressed for the part.

IMG_0588 (1).jpeg

IMG_0803 (1).jpeg

We will be on the Seascape in the first week of December out of Galveston in 2025 which coincides with Dickens on the Strand; since luggage will not be an issue we decided that we shall board the ship in our Victorian Finest, hopefully we do not get misidentified as carolers because neither one of us can carol well. 

Glad you and the missus got home safe, here's to the same for @Bestcatmom and @DaKahuna

Edited by KittyCruz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, BDL said:

In the past you have been a fabulous source of information.

Sorry . I just felt I let you down this cruise. No juicy observations. There were not that many infractions occurring this cruise. I attribute it to the time of year. Not many families with wild unruly children. This prompted us to cancel Christmas/New Years on Seascape (our favorite for the week before on Explora our second favorite). We never sailed these past years on 3-4 night cruises as they attract the lowest class steerage passengers on earth. Would really like to know how you feel after your cruise. I believe the staff see the same thing. A bunch of low class, non-tippers sailing on 3-4 nighters. Unless you are a known repeater in the Yacht Club, your treatment may be less than advertised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sorry . I just felt I let you down this cruise. No juicy observations. There were not that many infractions occurring this cruise. I attribute it to the time of year. Not many families with wild unruly children. This prompted us to cancel Christmas/New Years on Seascape (our favorite for the week before on Explora our second favorite). We never sailed these past years on 3-4 night cruises as they attract the lowest class steerage passengers on earth. Would really like to know how you feel after your cruise. I believe the staff see the same thing. A bunch of low class, non-tippers sailing on 3-4 nighters. Unless you are a known repeater in the Yacht Club, your treatment may be less than advertised.

The October 4-nighter will be my 7th MSC in the last 24 months.  All but my last were in the YC. I'll also be back on Meraviglia in November in YC.  Hopefully the experience will be a good one for my mom's birthday.  I'll post after the cruise if it was disappointing.  

My husband and I are trying Explora 2 in January.  Really looking forward to a smaller ship.  

• Like 1