Live from the Pride of America - 09/21-09/28/2024 - Hawai'i (Oahu to Maui to Hawai'i to Kaua'i)

The fifth location was at a restaurant called Kai. They served a yummy pizza with a super crispy crust. Apparently, the owner travels to Italy to get the sour dough started once per year is what we were told. 

The pizza was topped with pork, BBQ sauce and pineapple but they had half of one pizza without pineapple so I could eat it. It was paired with a small glass of Pina Colada. 

IMG_4709.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

• Like 3

The final stop was at Gypsea Gelato for a tasting of any two types of Gelato we wanted to try. 

I had a coconut crunch and a chocolate with coconut gelato. 

The food tour started at the pier and ended at the gelato place. It took 15 minutes to walk back to the pier to get on the tenders. 

IMG_4713.jpeg

• Like 1

We took the risk of sending out our laundry late yesterday morning. It all came back clean and neatly folded or on hangers this afternoon. 

Specialty dining update. We canceled one reservation made in error and asked about specialty dining. We were told that POA strictly enforces One appetizer or salad or soup, one entree and one dessert. They don’t allow any substitutions such as an extra appetizer instead of dessert. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Thank you! I hope you have a great vacation. I could have stayed staring at some of the scenic areas for hours but it was also a little hot, humid and the mosquitos were trying to bite even with mosquito repellant. 

Land vacation?

Unfortunately those little buggers do ruin sticking around to view the scenic points. I'm grateful you were able to see everything and share it with us though!

Land vacation - yes, so no live report from me. From CNY to NYC, then off to ND, MT, WY, and back home. All in ten'ish days. 

10 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

IMG_4688.thumb.jpeg.ba2c88117331730eb4f659e45d663d31.jpeg

You've really been lucky with the turtles! When we went to Hawai'i, way back in February 2019, we saw not one. Wrong time of year though! It just means we must return. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Unfortunately those little buggers do ruin sticking around to view the scenic points. I'm grateful you were able to see everything and share it with us though!

Land vacation - yes, so no live report from me. From CNY to NYC, then off to ND, MT, WY, and back home. All in ten'ish days. 

You've really been lucky with the turtles! When we went to Hawai'i, way back in February 2019, we saw not one. Wrong time of year though! It just means we must return. 

Yes, I think it means you need to come back! 

Have a wonderful time and have safe travels. Maybe you can share some photos in some of these CC posts. 

• Thanks 1

Last night was dinner with the officers. We had a great time visiting with the four officers and three other couples at our table. 

On this ship, everyone had an opportunity to sign up for this dinner and some of the couples were new to NCL. We met up for the dinner at 6:15pm and walked out of the dining room at 9:05pm. 

We enjoyed listening to music in Pink’s Champagne / Martini Bar.  The Glow party was last night and we saw a few people dressed in white. They also had a sock hop with 50’s and 60’s music but we were at the dinner. 

• Like 2

We went to Skyline for breakfast at 7:30am as we had the Behind the Scenes tour at 8:10am. My husband was concerned about being done with breakfast in time. We asked to be seated in Lou’s section since we had great service from him.  

Lou took great care of us as we had all this breakfast food by 7:40am! We never said we were in a hurry but we both ordered the Express Breakfast which was fast. 

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had the Behind the Scenes tour at 8:10am. 

Barbara, the Cruise Next Manager, did a wonderful job with the tour. On POA, the main crew hallway is called Route 66 instead of I95 like other NCL ships. 

Laundry area - separated by clean and dirty areas. 

IMG_4734.thumb.jpeg.0d2f525656fd1dcade6af482880109fe.jpegIMG_4735.thumb.jpeg.b846d83a7b0c518ec3a16b7297fd5ccd.jpegIMG_4736.thumb.jpeg.b9bb308a8563d1d807031d3dbe72146a.jpegIMG_4738.thumb.jpeg.777f92b3db078759d5e507a07fc07bcf.jpegIMG_4739.thumb.jpeg.5d77e3f4885370f84799421bcafb76fc.jpeg

IMG_4737.thumb.jpeg.eda32eeec30bd6ae78b8458d160427ae.jpeg

Room full of baggage carts. 

IMG_4740.jpeg

Edited by Seas2mountains
  • Like 3

Barbara said some big changes will be announced soon but she could not say what they were or when they will be announced. 

She and one of the officers did mention the dry dock in May will be three weeks long in Portland, Oregon plus the time to get to and from the dry dock. 

The Pride of America has been sailing completely full for the past few months. They are at or nearly fully staffed which was a challenge after the cruise restarts. 

We are having a great time and strongly recommend considering sailing on POA. It is an older, smaller ship but you will find that 99% of the crew are working hard to give you a great experience. New crew joins the ship on Sundays in Maui and may have their first day on the job on a Monday. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday morning, we got off the ship to walk around as our boat tour started in the afternoon.  As we were leaving the port, we saw a car rental shuttle van for National. We asked the driver how frequently he picked up guests and he said he would do his last run at 11am. 

We walked around the Sonesta resort area along the beach and took the car rental shuttle to the airport to pick up the car. We were able to park the car on the street near the cruise ship port. 

IMG_4759.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4761.jpeg

• Like 1

We got a tasty lunch at the buffet before driving to Captain Andy’s in ‘Ele’ele or Port Allen. 

The check-in time was at 1:45pm. At 2pm, we received a text with a link that assigned us to one of three boats by color. I believe each boat held 49 passengers, a captain, chef and two crew  members. 

Here is our boat. 

IMG_4764.jpeg

• Like 1