Cruising on Facination in March2007

lojill

My husband and I just took our first cruise on the Fascination (3-17-06) to the Bahamas. We had a blast!! We left boarded in Miami. We arrived at the port around noon, took us 10 minutes to get on board, no lines, everyone was very nice. We were on the Empress deck room in room 94. Food was pretty good, better than we thought it would be. We took a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi on board with us, no one said a word. We took carry on luggage so we could take it to our room and not have to wait for out luggage and also that way the airlines could not loose it in route. There was ALWAYS something to do onboard!! Nassau was nice, took a cab to Paradise Island, cost us $8 for both, one way. We sat on the beach, was very relaxing. I get motion sickness flying on airplanes and always have to take dramamine before flying, never felt sick on the ship and we both slept like babies! Trying to touch on key points, feel free to ask any questions. Sorry to skip around so much. :p Debarkation for us (remember we had carry on luggage only) started at 6:45am and we were off the ship, through customs and hailing a shuttle van at 7am. We were at the Ft. Lauderdale airport at 8am. I was told not to book flights early so we had to wait a long time for our flight. We did not book ground transportation, Carnival would not let us since our flight left before 1 pm so we found our own. There are plently of taxis and shuttle van drivers outside the ships terminals to take you if you have not arranged your own transportation, this is how we got ours. A taxi wanted $65 to take us to the Ft. Lauderdale airport, a shuttle van said $40 for both so we took the shuttle. Debarkation was easy and smooth. The staff onboard was very nice and our room was always clean. The ship was clean as well. The only thing we did not like were the towels were stained. :mad: Other than that we have no complaints at all and will definitely sail with Carnival again!!!

My DD and I took our first cruise on the Fascination last week and we had an awesome time. We went to Key West and Cozumel. Embarkment was a breeze. Got to the pier around 11:00 and were on the ship before noon. We were on the Empress deck cabin 92. Fantastic location. Cabin steward was great. Food was good. Our waiter Juan was awesome!!! The ship was clean. Lots to do on board. Don't miss the minature golf on the Sports deck. In Key West we walked down to the southern most point and took pictures then just walked thru the shops. I just love the houses and building in Florida and all the greenery. Michigan is white and boring this time of year!!! I Cozumel we went an the Unlimited Snorkeling excursion thru Carnival. This was a last minute thing for us and I am really glad we did it. First of all the tendering is horrific there and if you are on a Carnival excursio you get off first and second of all the excursion itself was great. I have never snorkeled before and couldn't believe how beautiful the fish were. Such vivid colors!!! Thursday was at sea and we just had a fun time lounging by the pool and playing minature golf. Then grabbed a table to play Eurche. A very relaxing day after 2 fast paced days in port!! All in all it was the best vacation I have ever been on!! Already talked to my travel agent about booking another on. I would definately recommend this ship to anyone.

Archived