QM2 ship's tour last weekend - A very nice day!

rog747

Had a wonderful time with 2 friends on the QM2 for the day last Sunday.
Organised visit in aid of Cunard's support of the Prince's Trust (soon to be the King's Trust)  
About 30 or so of us attended, with free onsite Parking, meet and greet at the Mayflower Terminal before 9.30am when we boarded the Liner just as the very last pax were disembarking.

As walked along the Prom deck the PS Waverley which was packed to the gunnels, was being assisted by tugs and they were all waving at us.
5 behemoth Cruise Liners were also alongside in SOU with us, including a Disney, MSC, NCL and Arcadia.

Quite a few well heeled Americans were remaining on the ship to return to NYC later that day, including a very nice couple on their 100th TA Crossing on QM2. They have 'lived' on the ship all summer and were now going home!

Lovely to see Yo Yo (On board voyage sales executive for over 30 years) who would be eventually showing us around the ship, plus the very aimable Audrey who works with all of Cunard's top TA's in the UK.

We then went to the Queens Room for morning coffee, served with lovely warm fresh baked pastries and muffins.
Lovely welcome and talk given by the very nice Captain Andrew Hall who is the Master of Queen Mary 2 and he is staying on until November.
Back in February I think he after his shore leave.
A Harpist was playing as we ate and drank.

It was so nice being back on board QM2, albeit for a few hours (last time was on my 2 week TA July 2019 via LPL, Iceland, NF, and Halifax NS).
My friends were in total awe of the ship, and although she is now 20 years old and little worn in just a few places she is unique.

After doing 17,000 steps (according to pal's iphone/watch sporty thingy on his wrist) whilst seeing most of the ships public spaces, from top to bottom and front to back, plus viewing many cabins and suite grades, my feet were truly Humming (or singing lol)

Finally it was time for Lunch in the Britannia MDR lower level in my favourite area, the lovely middle section. 
The food served was SUPERB, perhaps on a par with much of what I had in PG when I was on QA last month.
We had all 5 courses, all served with copious Wine top ups and other drinks.
We had smoked chicken terrine with mango, grilled marinated vegetables on black rice with a delicate cumin yogurt sauce, Consomme or leek & potato soup. The fish course was roast cod fillet with a rather delicious and plate licking lobster seafood sauce, and our Mains of Gloucester old spot pork fillet in a very nice sauce. Plus cheeses, coffee and petit fours.
The waiters were lovely and they truly enjoyed serving our special group.
A great meal worthy of Cunard.

We really all then just wanted to grab a comfy steamer chair in the sun on the Prom deck for a nap lol!.

A rather nice Cunard goody bag was handed out to all of us which was a nice touch, then we all said our goodbyes. 

A really nice day out indeed.

20240915_104346.jpg

IMG-20240915-WA0002.jpg

Edited by rog747
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2