Transfers to Tokyo Haneda Airport from Yokohama Cruise Terminal

Peter Lanky

This should be simple, but appears not to be. Scouring the internet suggests I should use a bus service operated by Keikyu Airport Limousine which appears (I think) to operate a service from Yamashita Park close to the cruise terminal, to the airport, but the website is predominantly in Japanese so almost impossible to work out the finer points of this journey, such as where the bus goes from exactly, and where do I get tickets. Add into the equation that I also use a wheelchair, though I'm not wheelchair bound, and I'm stuck.

Has anyone used this service, and can offer advice, or is it a non-starter anyway?

49 minutes ago, Peter Lanky said:

This should be simple, but appears not to be. Scouring the internet suggests I should use a bus service operated by Keikyu Airport Limousine which appears (I think) to operate a service from Yamashita Park close to the cruise terminal, to the airport, but the website is predominantly in Japanese so almost impossible to work out the finer points of this journey, such as where the bus goes from exactly, and where do I get tickets. Add into the equation that I also use a wheelchair, though I'm not wheelchair bound, and I'm stuck.

Has anyone used this service, and can offer advice, or is it a non-starter anyway?

Here is the link in English:
https://www.keikyu-bus.co.jp/en/airport/h-yamashita/

** Shin-kencho-mae(Kanagawa Prefectural Office) is the closest bus stop from Osanbashi cruise terminal.

** InterContinental Yokohama Pier8 is the closest bus stop from Shinko Pier cruise terminal.

11 hours ago, monkey@cruise said:

Here is the link in English:
https://www.keikyu-bus.co.jp/en/airport/h-yamashita/

** Shin-kencho-mae(Kanagawa Prefectural Office) is the closest bus stop from Osanbashi cruise terminal.

** InterContinental Yokohama Pier8 is the closest bus stop from Shinko Pier cruise terminal.

The link takes me to the same (mainly) Japanese website I've looked at before. I've managed to work out how the timetable works now, and used Google to translate the bus stop names, but I can't find anything definitive to tell me how to buy tickets or how my wheelchair may be accommodated.

8 hours ago, Peter Lanky said:

The link takes me to the same (mainly) Japanese website I've looked at before. I've managed to work out how the timetable works now, and used Google to translate the bus stop names, but I can't find anything definitive to tell me how to buy tickets or how my wheelchair may be accommodated.

Is your browser setting problem: you did NOT turn on auto machine translation. Change language from Japanese to English at bottom right corner of the web page.

image.thumb.png.648294f0d964de8b5ffa7f8df397aca3.png

Because of bus storage limitation, I think only one piece of large luggage per passenger, but wheelchair is exceptional.

7 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

Is your browser setting problem: you did NOT turn on auto machine translation. Change language from Japanese to English at bottom right corner of the web page.

image.thumb.png.648294f0d964de8b5ffa7f8df397aca3.png

Because of bus storage limitation, I think only one piece of large luggage per passenger, but wheelchair is exceptional.

Well you learn something every day. My browser (Vivaldi) doesn't even have that option at the bottom, but it works automatically on my other browsers. It all makes more sense now.

7 minutes ago, Peter Lanky said:

Well you learn something every day. My browser (Vivaldi) doesn't even have that option at the bottom, but it works automatically on my other browsers. It all makes more sense now.

Use Google Chrome regardless your platform, Chrome ties with google translate and always works.

2 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

Use Google Chrome regardless your platform, Chrome ties with google translate and always works.

The odd thing is that Vivaldi is based on the Chrome platform, so ought to have worked. There's nothing so strange as computers. 😉

8 hours ago, Peter Lanky said:

The odd thing is that Vivaldi is based on the Chrome platform, so ought to have worked. There's nothing so strange as computers. 😉

Most Japan vending machines and transport ticket machines support four languages: Japanese, English, Korean and Chinese. No need Google translate. 🤪