March 29 Union Tribune article on 'Mercury'

tangerinebunny

Wow. Judging by Tuggers post from onboard mercury last week, somebody is not following protocol. I feel sorry for both passengers (who are not getting the usual X cruise) and for the poor crew who are being so overworked and< I'm sure, bearing the brunt of passenger dis-satisfaction. I hope things get better very fast.

My eyebrows went up on reading this part of the article:

quote:

... Sheehan said, the company “does not necessarily agree” that it should always notify prospective passengers about recent outbreaks.

“You're making the assumption that the source of the illness (on the first cruise) is related to the source in the second, which isn't necessarily the case,” he said. ...

unquote

It really doesn't matter what the SOURCE is, but that it exists at all on a ship. I really don't cotton to Celebrity playing God one bit: How can they justify withholding information when they cannot know who is immune compromised, or who has a chronic health condition that would be seriously impacted by both a virus and/or the disinfecting procedures, or those elderly in fragile health???

Very, very bad handling, poor judgment, and a horrendous cavalier attitude has really blackened Celebrity's eye on this one. I sincerely hope that other stockholders like myself will communicate en masse to Celebrity about this shocking attitude and apparent policy. Heads should roll.

Cheers~

Archived