Carnival cruise ships to avoid.

On 10/15/2024 at 6:14 PM, clairebearinaus said:

I didn't love the Splendor - passenger behaviour probably did cloud my judgement on that one but the food was pretty bad, the spa area we'd paid extra for was run down, and the decor is notoriously awful and dated.

On 10/17/2024 at 12:18 AM, staceyglow said:

Just got off the Splendor a week or two ago and loved it. The Australian experience on Carnival is different from the American one - different menu, different beet choices, different passengers. 

We liked the Splendor. Of course it was 13 years ago and only our second venture on Carnival. I have heard that Carnival loyalists typically don't like the Splendor because she was not built to Carnival design specs (originally a Costa ship). The flow of the ship is drastically different from all other Carnival layouts so it takes a few extra minutes (days) to get oriented.

We are definitely putting Australia on our cruise bucket list, so a repeat trip on Splendor may be in the cards for us if Carnival keeps her there!

Edited by PaulieG13
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2024 at 9:53 AM, Diamond-56-Plus said:

What, they made Frankie Walk the plank😐 

On 10/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, deckrbert said:

@Diamond-56-Plus…thats hilarious

🤣

I really didn't know they removed the Frankenstein monster. I actually thought it was unique 

Edited by Diamond-56-Plus

We have been on quite a few carnival cruises, and we just got back from the Carnival Valor. I love this ship. The Valor has one of the best staff that I have sailed with. The food was better than usual this time. The cruise Director George was excellent. There were many PG comedy shows. We missed a port due to High winds and they added comedy shows during the day and a lot of other trivia and fun things to do. It is also what you make of it. We really enjoyed the larger newer ships, but the  Valor is an oldie but a goodie!!!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 9:40 AM, ledges1 said:

My wife loves to play the quarter pusher. Some ships have removed the quarter pushers such the Excel Class. It also seems that some of the Costa converts may not have the machine. I have to also consider this in booking a cruise. Some nice ships may be excluded due to personal preferences and entertainment offered. I would also agree with another poster that excludes ships with constant mechanical problems. 

I hope my husband never meets your wife…he may leave me for her! He is obsessed with that game! I can’t tell you how much time he’s spent at those machines on our cruises! You’re a dedicated spouse to select a ship based on that game!

Ashley 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm another one who really enjoyed the New Zealand Splendor experience. I was a bit worried with all the complaints but I went with family whose company I enjoyed and we enjoyed the whole experience. Rooms were comfortable, food was good and staff was great.  Booked again for two years from now to do Australia. Loved the Australian vibe people on the ship were friendly and saw no issues. Maybe we were lucky but everyone seemed to be there just to enjoy New Zealand had an amazing time.  Loved the docking right next to the Opera House so you could drop bags and just explore Sydney

Jubilee is one to avoid. It is too large and there are not enough staff. Some of the layout is very weird. especially the location of Guy's Burgers. On the Oct 12 cruise there are many complaints on other social media about passenger behavior, mainly unruly kids, but also inconsiderate adults. This one was truly "Walmart of the Seas."

• Haha 1