Specialty Dinner reservations

J2A

Hi I have upcoming cruise trip on Nov and trying to reserve a few specialty restaurants on sun princess. It is my first cruise.

I have premier packages which includes unlimited specialty restaurants. However the app wouldn't allow me to make an reservation without providing credit card information.  I googled it and it seems a lot of people get charged for reservation even through they have premier package or cruise credit. any advice to avoid it? 

Another question, am I allowed to order 2 entree in the cruise?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, J2A said:

Hi I have upcoming cruise trip on Nov and trying to reserve a few specialty restaurants on sun princess. It is my first cruise.

I have premier packages which includes unlimited specialty restaurants. However the app wouldn't allow me to make an reservation without providing credit card information.  I googled it and it seems a lot of people get charged for reservation even through they have premier package or cruise credit. any advice to avoid it? 

Thanks

You can order two entrees in the MDR, but not in specialty venues, even if you have the Premier package.  We have Premier for our January Sun cruise for 14 days and right now we have specialty reservations for 13/14 nights. And we were not charged anything.  It came up as a zero balance owed each time I reserved  through the app. 

We also have another earlier sailing on the Sun starting on 10/26 and the week of 11/4 as well and even a few months ago we were not able to get reservations locked in for specialty or even private in the MDR.  We'll get it taken care of on embarkation day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J2A said:

Thanks

Call Princess (800 774 6237) and follow the appropriate prompts to get to Dine My Way help. They should be able to make the reservations for you.

You can also proceed with entering your credit card info as you'll need it for your on board account anyways. If the system is properly recognizing your Premier packages you will see a $0 charge before you confirm the reservation.

If a charge shows, don't proceed with the app, call them.

• Like 1

I had this happen last week, after I'd successfully made a first reservation a little while ago (I'm on old Premier so only two for us). Since it worked the first time I didn't pay enough attention and the charge went through for $45.

Which made no sense since there were two of us... Like why not $90? 🤯 

Anyhow, I used chat, and they said somehow the package had not been "activated" on our booking so they did that, and it would be available in 24 hours correctly. And it was. Not sure what that even meant since I'd already been able to reserve properly earlier, but it did solve it.

It took several days for the refund to come through (vs how long the original charge took) when I cancelled the first reservation, but it came through.

• Like 1

After making 3 online chat and 2 phone calls to customer service since Tuesday, they still couldn't resolve it. One of the rep said they will apply credit to my accounts and it takes 24 hours. However, it seems not working yet. I booked a sanctuary suite cabin and paid in full last week, and it comes with premier package. One of the rep told me sanctuary suite doesn't need to book reservation as they will always keep priority seat for sanctuary club...each reps told me the different stories. it is quite frustrating.

• Haha 1