Glory inside gty question

jas777

Hi everyone,

Just had a question on an inside gty on the glory for 10/2/04. I booked an inside gty (1a )about 2 months ago for my wife, son and myself. I was just checking on the carnival website and some other online web sites and see that the only available rooms they have left are all ocean views from 6a and above. No interior staterooms available at all. Now, This is the first time I have booked a gaurantee and I understand the basics of it, but what are my chances of being upgraded if all the interiors are booked now? Does this increase the chances of an upgrade or decrease it? Or does that not really play a factor in it at all? Originally, I was just checking the prices to see if they had gone down, so I could have my TA check on an upgrade or credit, but I guess I can't do that now since no interiors are available?

Thanks so much for any of your answers!!!!

Upgrades depend on the time of year you are sailing, how much other passengers have paid, how for in advance you paid, what you paid, & last but not least, how many times you have cruised with Carnival

You are going in a realatively slow month, October, so your upgrade could be very good. BUT,

generally upgrades go from inside on a lower deck inside on a higher deck,

lower deck window to upper deck window, lower balcony to higher balcony and higher balconies to suites.

If you are very lucky your inside might turn into a window stateroom, but generally expect an inside room.

May the upgrade Fairy be very generous to you.

In all probability, you won't get upgraded from an inside to a balcony. You get upgraded within your category--& insides & balconies are the same categories. There aren't a lot of inside cabins on the Glory, so you may not be. Don't feel too bad though--we had an inside cabin & had a wonderful time.

I too am on the 10/2 for the Glory and noticed the same thing the other day. We booked an inside too, but are crossing our fingers for an upgrade. A man I work with just got back from the glory, booked an oceanview, and ended up with a balcony, so we'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 months later...

This will be our 7th cruise with Carnival. We have booked an inside guarantee every time. The first cruise we got what we paid for. Every other time we were upgraded to and outside cabin and once, a suite on Veranda with a balcony. It is luck of the draw.....good luck!

generally upgrades go from inside on a lower deck inside on a higher deck,

lower deck window to upper deck window, lower balcony to higher balcony and higher balconies to suites.

I have never heard of Carnival upgrading balconies to suites. Only higher floors within the Balcony class of cabins. Now maybe if your ship has several different configurations of Cat 10 suites you would get upgraded within the Suite class of cabins to something better. Basically the only way you are getting a suite of any kind is if you pay for it. At least that's been my experience in addition to the many posts I have read on the subject.

I too am on the 10/2 for the Glory and noticed the same thing the other day. We booked an inside too, but are crossing our fingers for an upgrade. A man I work with just got back from the glory, booked an oceanview, and ended up with a balcony, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I am on the 10/02 sailing and just picked up my docs yesterday (WHOOHOO!). I got upgraded from an 8A Balcony Gty to an 8D Balcony.

Let's just hope that new swirl souteast of Cape Verde doesn't decide to grow and move west! If it does, then from that far out, it should be right in the middle of our cruise path in 2 weeks. Besides, all the folks in the Southern and Eastern Carib, Bahamas, and Florida don't need anymore misery. With 3 hits already in the books, Jeanne clearing out PR and the DR and headed for the Bahamas again taking aim at the east coast of Florida, the last thing Florida would need is an another hurricane making landfall in a couple of weeks! Geez. Crying Uncle already!!!!!

I also booked an Inside Guarantee. I have never done a guarantee before. Do you get better upgrades during the busy seasons than in slower seasons? It seems like people get better upgrades during the summer than the fall or winter. Hope this is true for us! Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.

I have never heard of Carnival upgrading balconies to suites. Only higher floors within the Balcony class of cabins. Now maybe if your ship has several different configurations of Cat 10 suites you would get upgraded within the Suite class of cabins to something better. Basically the only way you are getting a suite of any kind is if you pay for it. At least that's been my experience in addition to the many posts I have read on the subject.

We're sailing 10/2 on the Glory... and were in an assigned cabin with balcony. YES, we have been upgraded to a Category 12/penthouse suite. I was told there were 4 customers that were upgraded to a Cat 12 (there are only 10 on the ship)....... so it DOES happen! The Glory sailing coordinator himself called me to tell me of the upgrade!

What makes it even more fun, we won the original Cat 4a cruise in a drawing!!!!!!!

If the kelly method is correct...and if the method where you can see your room number on the sign and sail paperwork from the docs is correct...We didnt get an upgrade :(

Thats ok though, I'm happy enough to be cruising in 2 weeks!!!!

We booked an IS gty and so far have a 4a room.

I am also sailing on the Glory-Oct 2. I received my docs last

week. I booked a Balcony Guarantee. On the back of my sail

& sign form is the cabin # for a catagory 11 suite. Has anyone

ever been switched from the cabin # on the back of their

form to another cabin? I tried the Kelly Method but that

does not seem to be working.

Thank you in advance for all of the info!

Happy Cruising!

Linda:)

Archived