Adding a person after documents arrived?

Just got done doing the document dance [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and now my daughter tells me that she wants to take a friend along on our 7/24 Glory cruise..thats fine, but we already have our documents..isn't everything final? The papers in the documents that need to be filled out, the Bahama immigration forms (Whats this about? Do we need passports?), and even the table seatings for dinner... I think that it would be very difficult for Carnival to change everything for us..and hate to think that we might get there and have no proof that we booked a third party for our cruise..I have no idea what the process is for all this. (By the way, I booked online through Travelocity..) Can any of you seasoned cruisers give me some insight?

I think they should be able to add the "3rd passenger" (at reduced rate, too [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]) without any problem. I deal with Carnival PVP exclusively, so don't know about any other agent, but I'd get in touch with them ASAP with your questions. This far ahead, I wouldn't think it would be a major problem for them to add the extra person. Let us know how it turns out.

****Came back afer reading Mr. Peter's comment. He's correct, and I didn't think about knowing what category cabin you booked. All you can do is check it out. Good luck.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"
Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003
Sensation 2004

Call your travel agent immediately. I'm sure this isn't the first time they have encountered this. You will probably have to pay todays price but act fast. Travel agents are there to serve the client.

Good advice from the above posters. You might have to change your cabin (if there's one available) to one that can accomodate 3/4 people, as not all of them will. Your daughter's friend will have to pay the going rate, AND, someone will have to pay the required $50.00 fee to Carnival for the re-issuance of documents with the correct names. BTW - did Travelocity tell you the required documents that all of you will need to board? Certified copy of STATE birth certificate with raised seal or colored stamp, and government-issued photo I.D. for anyone 16 and older? No - you don't need a Passport to go to the Bahamas...just the things I've already mentioned. The Bahamas Immigration form is very standard, and everyone has to fill them out - one card per person. Here's another thing about your daughter's friend (if she's under 21)...she will need a notarized letter signed by both parents giving you permission to take her on the cruise, and authorizing you to seek any necessary medical treatment. Keep in mind that the Bahamas are not part of the US (neither is the ship), and your US health plan may not necessarily cover you out of the country. Hope you bought trip insurance!

You're on the ball, imsulin!

Just thinking though, about a cruise years ago with my two sisters. One sister and I had the docs in hands, and the other sister decided to go 3 wks prior to the cruise. All she had to pay was the 3rd person rate, and it was much, much lower than ours. Don't know if they still do it that way or not? Also - there was no charge for adding her.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"
Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003
Sensation 2004

You're right, Cotton. There was no charge at that time. Since 9/11, the ships have had to submit their manifest 72 hours in advance of sailing, and that's one of the reasons they're now charging a $50.00 fee for addition or replacement of passengers, and I think that fee is fairly recent.

Guess what I just found out? Mardi Gras actually began in Mobile! Duh for me, but my excuse is that I'm not from here!

I may have another situation.

I booked two cabins for my family and my parents for 6/22. All paid, docs in hand.

My mother starts having some health problems, and may not be able to go on a cruse, and my father will stay with her.

In this case my aunt and her husband can cruise with us.

is it possible to change all the docs? And how do I go about it?

Thanks.

Wow! You're sailing tomorrow! I don't think you'll have time to change anything, Aldeya, as the ship's manifest has to be turned in 72 hours prior to sailing. I hope your folks got trip insurance so that they can get their money back! Call Carnival at 1-800-327-9501 ASAP!

Thanks everyone for you time and help.. turns out the friend can't even come with us (she had to choose between a car and a cruise, shes 16, so guess which she chose?) Sorry to bother everyone for no reason, but now I'll no for next time. Glad I don't have to worry about it anymore. Aldeya..good luck with your situation, hope your mother is able to cruise!!

Staci [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Archived