Norwegian cruise excursions(11May)

emoyeni

We are going on the QM2 for the Norwegian cruise departing Southampton 11 May and sailing to Alesund,Sognefjord & Bergen.What excursions can we expect at these ports of call and what would it cost.What clothing would one need that time of year-I understand that it is still a bit chilly.:confused:

Bergen can be hot in May. On the other hand it has a well deserved reputation for rain!

Cunard excursions aren't cheap, or particularly well organised. Alesund is easily reached from the dock, and unless you want to do one of the tours round the area then you may be better off without a tour.

Bergen is much the same - there isn't really much to Bergen. Lots around it, but that involves a long coach drive. There is a shuttle bus to the town centre.

I can't recall it as a trip from Alesund, but then our cruise went to Geiranger anyway. Unless the QM2 is too big to visit, I'm surprised they are missing it out - it's the highlight of the trip.

The Hurtigruten does the return sailing Alesund-Geiranger-Alesund daily, sailing at 9.30 and returning at 18.45.

See http://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/schedule1.asp for details of the timetable.

I guess that will not allow you to get back to QM2 in time, so will be out. I really cannot comment on the distance by road, as I've not done it.

Archived