Carnival and Teenagers

Hey Everyone

I just wanted to post this because I am always on this board and constantly people are posting about teen behavior onboard ships.

I have cruised both CCL and RCCL. On RCCL they have activites for teenagers up to 17 and on carnival there are only activites up to 15. That leaves out a whole group of people 15-20, but mainly 16-17 because they are not adults yet, and no longer children. That lets them run around like they have not been raised correctly and then people complain. Also when I was on the Legend last year there were crew members who complained. If Carnival thinks there is something wrong, why don't they do something about it and have activities. When I was on RCCL there were alot of teenagers who attended them and had fun. But on Carnival I walk around for days looking for fun and nope, cant find it until about the 5th day or so..What is with Carnival? Have they forgotten about our age group

8-00 Carnival Destiny

8-01 Enchantment of the Seas

8-02 Voyager of the Seas

8-03 Carnival Legend

8-8-04 Carnival Destiny

Dayz till i Lose my mind on the Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;8;8;8;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I couldn't agree with you more. I am a parent of a 16 year old, and we just returned from a Mother-Daughter trip on the Paradise, 6/13-6/20 Western Caribbean.

We were both sooo excited about our first night events at 10:30, mine being the "singles mixer" and hers being the teen night at Spirals. But, all Spirals is is a little tiny room off the side of the ship, with absolutely NOOOO social coordination whatsoever.

Since my ship was DEAD, I was back in my room by midnight, and my daughter walked in and exlaimed "That was soooo lame", and was so completely disappointed. Not a good way to start the cruise. Both of us were really let down by Carnival's lack of social "finesse".

The remainder of the cruise was this way. Except for a couple of ping pong tables, there was absolutely no programming available for my daughter, and we both felt "lost" on this ship. I have sailed on RCCL and feel they do a much better job of getting the "mingling" going - at all age levels.

Carnival needs to live up to their name - "The FUN Ship", and put some resources into building some loyalty in this age group. In the next 5-10 years, this is a group they are going to want to attract, and they have already lost my daughter, and I'm sure many others in this age bracket.

Till we're in Paradise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;06;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I feel the same way..last two cruises (Pride and Conquest) I often found my daughter and her friend sitting there staring at the people walking by..they were not allowed (on the Pride) in the club after a certain time, which was right after our late dinner, and (on the Conquest) they said that the arcade was overrun by small children and adults. I understand that adults like the occasional video game, but we do have other places to resort to, let the teens have their space. They did try the (I think 12-15) Camp Carnival on the Pride, and said they felt they were in daycare..I don't know what can be done..

Staci icon_cool.gif

My boys are never at a loss for what to do. Sure the teen program has things that don't interest all the kids - but it's the same way for all the age groups. My boys always seem to find something "constructive" to do. Every once in a while they even discover that mom and dad aren't the old fuddy duddies they thought they were - they actaully spend time with us - LOL.

It would be nice if they organized the activites that they do have a little better.

Archived