7 Mile Beach

bs923

Is 7 Mile Beach walkable from the port? Shuttle? Taxi? What do you recommend?

My husband & I are going on our first cruise (5 yr. ann.) on 4/30 w/ Carnival Miracle but don't want to spend a lot of $ on cruise tours in every port. We've already booked David & Ivan in Costa Maya thanks to the wonderful many posters here. Thinking about Xcaret in Cozumel & either the cave tubing or the zip cord canopy jungle tour in Belize. I greatly appreciate all the experienced feedback this board has provided.

It's too far to walk. I'd take a cab to Sea Grape Beach. It's at the far end of 7MB, but they have chairs, food, shade, and water toy rentals. I don't recall there being shuttles, but there may have been.

I don't recall the cost of the cab (we were there for the week and never used a cab, but someone here posted the amount)..but it seems like I read it was $5 per person each way. The cabs will be lined up right as you get off your tender. Many of the cab drivers don't want to take you that far since they get the same amount of money if they take you to Sea Grape, or somewhere closer. So be insistant that they take you to Sea Grape, if that's where you end up going. Sea Grape is beyond the new Ritz a bit (and across from the Marriott Coutyard-which is on the other side of the street-not beachside).

There will be cabs lined up to return you to the port area. Just allow yourself plenty of time to get back. The traffic along 7MB tends to get clogged, especially if there are a lot of ships in port. I'd give myself an hour to get back. If you do happen to get back quicker, there are lots of shops and restaurants at the pier area, so you could wander around a bit.

This is just my opinion...but we did see several people who were from cruise ships walking from the beach. It would be a long, long walk IMO. There are beach access alleys along the road (between the hotels and condos). Some are pretty nice, others are just a dirt path.

Archived