Where to buy wine in Aruba?

CoconutFish

Does anyone have any suggestions where we could buy a couple of bottles of reasonably priced wine to take back on board the ship?

We are aware of the shopping area close to the dock in Oranjestad: just wondering if any sell wine.

The only place I have seen bottles of wine sold was at Ling & Sons grocery store. I have never seen the little outdoor shops selling alcohol. I could have totally missed something, but I don't think I did!

Ling & Sons is located at Italiëstraat 26, Eagle

Take L.G. Smith Blvd towards the hotels (make a left if coming out of the cruise ports).

At the 1st light make a right (could be Italiestraat) --- you can make a left onto J.E. Irausquin Blvd at the light I am referring to, but you make a right ---- drive about 100 yards Ling & Sons will be on the right.

If you take a cab, just tell the driver you want to go to Ling & Sons (there is only one location).

For more store info google Ling & Sons Aruba

Does anyone have any suggestions where we could buy a couple of bottles of reasonably priced wine to take back on board the ship?

We are aware of the shopping area close to the dock in Oranjestad: just wondering if any sell wine.

It's been about three years, so my recollection is a bit hazy, but check out this map. I recall walking off the left of this map on the main street, LG Smith, for about 15 minutes to a large liquor store that we saw from the city bus on our $2 tour. I was looking for beer and rum, not wine, but I believe that they had quite a wine selection there.

It was a quick walk, as I had left my wife in a jewelry store and had to get back to rescue her from Shiva's, in the Royal Plaza , just across from the cruise pier.

Thanks, gtaylor, for the map and directions.

We think this is just the thing, a nice shortish walk, with the right reward at the end! I am beginning to think, however, that wine is not really a Caribbean buy, as opposed to all the rum, etc., that seems to be available.

Thanks to all!

The only 'value' purchase of wine that comes to mind is St. Maarten/St. Martin.

There are a couple of wine shops on the island that appear to have some good pricing on top level French wines. Here is the website for one that we have visited that has some prices listed.

St. Maarten also has the best liquor prices in the Caribbean, as far as I'm concerned.

Archived