April Fools Cruise - Live and Almost Live From Liberty April 1

No tender ports on this cruise.

>

Often, the give ship tours on embarkation day so people know which way is up - probably doesn't include the galley. I would inquire at the purser's desk early in the cruise.

>

Woweee - looks like I took over 2200 photos - there may be a few good ones worth posting. :D

>

On the Baths - it depends on how many cruise ships are in the area - when I was there 2 ships were at Tortola and one was at Virgin Gorda. Plus there are day trippers from St Thomas. It can get very crowded. That is really the only reason I would avoid the ferry. If there was only one ship, I wouldn't mind.

The other thing about the ferry is that it dumps you off at the ferry dock and then you take a taxi to the top of the Baths and walk down the stairs. All of this takes time. With Patouche, we swam in and swam out + we got to the Baths before the ship tours and the ferrys.

Very nice pictures. :) The second time you took a picture of the bird, it was ready for you and it even looked at the camera for you. :) Can't really say the same for the statue though. And seeing that tender crammed full of people ... that was hilarious! :) I can't wait to see Nassau for myself on my cruise! :)

Undrhil

Oh - not a ship tender - a water taxi to Paradise Island and Atlantis stuffed to the gills.

Sorry it's all over for you. I must thank you for taking the time to post and the photos as well. I have to wait almost ten months still but your posts made the waiting easier somehow.

Love to buy you a scotch sometime, I'm a scotch drinker myself!

Thanks again

Bazoo:cool:

Unbelievable photos - thanks for sharing! Has convinced me that we made the right choice in booking this cruise for next April - I can't wait! And no tender ports - what could be better than that! Will definitely reading more on these boards and look for reviews as to independent excursions for the different ports. The guy (Patouche)? you used for The Baths in Tortola - does he have a website? Sounds like a good way to get there. :)

I now think I can make it til June. I have a lot to look forward to, as I try to plan our excursions. I had wondered about Nassau and if the Paradise was the big attraction; I now see so many more things I want to see while I'm there. I'm will have a 7 and 17 year old with me also, did you see anything there that might be interesting for us to see, that's not the usual sites listed by the carnival? I again want to thank you for sharing your time and expensive internet time to keep up posted with those wonderful pictures. I felt like I was with you for the whole trip. It was a pleasure to read and watch.:D

Great pics.

Just curious how many people were on the Behind the scenes tour? When I was on the Glory last month my friend and I were the only ones on the tour.

Diane

Will have to check pics, but I would say at least a dozen - maybe 20? It was slim looking in the beginning, and I didn't make a reservation - just showed up.

Am glad to know they will run rain or shine, whatever the turnout (unless maybe only 1 person?).

At least one person had a gold card prominately displayed, although they may well have been with a VIP!

How did you get the pictures into the messages. I have tried that a few times and can't figure it out!

Awesome pics, I agree with everyone else. Made me feel like I was there with you.

Thank you for taking precious time away from your fun days to help us poor land-locked cruisers feel like we were sailing again!

I have the pictures posted on another site (AOL in my case) and then link them inline in the post.

One way to do that is when you post a reply, there is a insertimage.gif button above the edit box. This allows you to enter the URL to insert an image. It's different than trying to use attachments, and much better, I think.

Thanks for all the pictures, zydecocruiser!

As usual, I looked at my pictures and wished I had taken more! You filled in a lot of the shots that I wished I had taken, especially of the ship!

We had a blast on the Liberty!

P.S. those sweet and sour shrimp were AWESOME, 2nd only to the scallop dish served on San Juan night. Yummm:cool: .

The big screen - supposed to show the basketball game tonight.

BLeCdYG51CChSnjnFT+JxdGhts+WRgpQ0300.jpg

rRhHLsFX66SW4ihIyqKDjSbcrUd5Q9+R0300.jpg

lFj+7YkLE96PajZYtWT+Kr71gj8f10ai0300.jpg

In cabin mini-bar - some assembly required.

pN3CtU2FWLPG30QihKAgQQDjbPV8fY5f0300.jpg

Zydecocruiser----------Just off the Miracle and considering the Liberty next year for spring break -the same week you sailed, a few questions (for now):

1.)DID they show the NCAA on the big screen outside as you indicated?

2.)can you tell me for each port stop based on your room odd/even which side faced port?

3.)How "crowded" did the ship feel (lines for buffet area, show seating), was service good?

4.)How was disembarkation handled?-- general everyone can get off now? Just wondering as this will influence booking airfare back.

Thanks --buffetfan225-cruise@yahoo.com

Zydecocruiser----------Just off the Miracle and considering the Liberty next year for spring break -the same week you sailed, a few questions (for now):

1.)DID they show the NCAA on the big screen outside as you indicated?

2.)can you tell me for each port stop based on your room odd/even which side faced port?

3.)How "crowded" did the ship feel (lines for buffet area, show seating), was service good?

4.)How was disembarkation handled?-- general everyone can get off now? Just wondering as this will influence booking airfare back.

Thanks --buffetfan225-cruise@yahoo.com

1) Dunno - I didn't watch. They were supposed to - and if the game ran long and the deck party started, the plan was to continue to show the gamebut with the sound muted. I imagine someone in this thread might know:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158569

2) On Liberty even numbered rooms are on the left or port side. Ships don't always dock at the same pier or facing in the same direction. But for me:

Fort Lauderdale: Starboard

San Juan: Port

St Thomas: Starboard

Antigua: Port

Tortola: Starboard

Nassau: Port

Fort Lauderdale: Starboard

3) The prime deck chair space looked crowded, but there was floor space available in other locations. The only line that annoyed me was the deli line the night we were in San Juan. And that was mostly because they seemed to be unprepared for the number of people that skipped dinner in the main dinining rooms and came back on the ship famished. For a while, there was only one person working there. Once a second person was added, the line moved along nicely. Other than that, lines were a non-event for me.

4) Debarkation was by luggage tag color. A lot of people opted for self-debarkation - I think maybe 1/3 of the ship. They disembarked from deck 0 and then they needed to adjust for the rest of the passengers to disembark from deck 3. Since I'm platinum :D, I could basically leave anytime I wanted to, but was in no hurry to leave. ;) I left with my deck color, took Carnival's transfer to MIAMI, and was still at the airport before noon. There was no crazy line at immigration and/or customs - everything was pretty smooth.

Archived