Wind - Owners Suites

Cruiseclarke

I have read about the great treatment for passengers in Owners Suites on some of the bigger newer ships.

Can anyone provide any info/feedback regarding what to expect from the Owners Suites on the Wind? I'm pretty sure they are less expensive than on the other ships.

We will be traveling in May to Alaska and picked the suite because there are 3 of us, and so we could "hibernate" if the weather is iffy. In addition to myself there will be my DF & DM.

I'm thinking of sleeping in the Pullman bed (which I think is in the walk-in closet) as I'll be more out-of-the-way than on the sofabed. I'm a 5'4" adult. Am I asking for trouble?

We will be travelling with two additional family members (also in an Owners Suite). Is there room in the suite for 5 of us to eat room service dinner? Is the food likely to be hot, or would that be asking for disappointment?

Alternatively if, for example, the Trattoria or Terraces are busy, would the concierege be able to get us a table on short notice?

Are we likely to get liquor, snacks and some kind of "Captain's event"? Would we need formal clothes for that? I've heard these are some of the potential perks on other ships. How about the Wind?

Do we tip the butler and concierge per service, or at the end of the week. We'd feel more comfortable with the latter, but don't want anyone to think we're ignoring their good service.

I know we will have terrific time just watching the scenery, but the more information I have the better I can set appropriate expectations for my family.

Thanks in advance for any comments. They are appreciated.

Cruiseclarke

Cruiseclark,

I did Alaska in an owners suite on the Wind back in 2001.

Its a great suite. Dont expect it to be as luxurious as the

newer NCL suites,but I would not hesitate to book it again.

I would not say that of the AB penthouse suite on the Wind.

I think sleeping in the pullman bed in the closet would work

well as long as you dont mind the small room feel. We had a

third person inthe pullout and it eat up alot of room. I started

closing it myself not wanting to wait for room service because

it became anoying.

Back in2001 we still got all the full perks of any other top NCL

suite. Bottles of liquor butler service concerige dinner reservations.

Its really a great room to hang out in like your thinking.

Five for dininer would be tight in this suite. There really isnt that

much room and there wasnt a dinning table back then. You could

do it but you would have to spread out thru the room. Not practical

in my opinion. The conceirge would gladly make reservations for you.

These ownersuites are in great locations up top by themselfs

convienent to everything. The only thing not that great is the

bathroom. Functional with a tub, but not too luxourious.

Let me know if you want more.

HLP

I was a Concierge on the Wind...

Sleeping in that walk in closet...possible...at least you are out of the way! The batroom...compared to the new NCL build's really not too lush...but still a 100% better then the regular rooms! Room Service for 5...defenite NO!!! There would be place for a party with Canape's and fingerfood, but not real dinner!!! You get 3 bottles of comp. Liqour (from a list), free Sodas and Water...for your enjoyment only and not for huge parties! There is as well a nice balcony...to be honest...I'm thinking about to sail myself in that Cabin in Alaska...they are very cute, but I would not occupy by more then 2 to have the roomier feeling!

Concierge and Butlers are still available...and do theire best to make theire Guests happy!!! Tipping is mostly by the end of the cruise at your descretition...everybody is asking how much should I tip...

Butler...5-10 Doallars per person in suite a day!

Concierge the same!

They reallly are just working basically for tips...!!!

Archived