Money Saving Tips on Travel Insurance

I had been told about three years ago if you have a family of 4 or more with the kids being over the age of 17 to get individual quotes, example in ours I quoted just my husband and myself on one plan and the kids on another plan, I have been doing this now for the past three years and it works great, by doing this I saved over 90.00 for the family, I have used Travellux everytime and have to say when saving money thats more to spend on the cruise, hope this helps some of you. Laurie

I purchased Travelex policies for my last two cruises and they charged only for adults and not children, saving me well over a hundred dollars versus other carriers, including Royal Caribbean. For my upcoming cruise (just me and my boys,-- DH can't go) the total insurance cost was $75 (versus the $217 RCI was going to charge me -- $79 + $79 + $59).

Beth: Kids are free, but this was for 17 year olds and above, they will be charged, when putting the family together as four, our total was over 200.00

and doing it seperate the total was 115.00, with the same coverage and same company travellex. Hope this information will help some families. Laurie

Archived