A Current Affair features Sky drug rape.

I would love to make the title less aggressive, I really do hate this subject. But, tomorrow night on A Current Affair, they are doing a story on the Sky Case. Not sure how imformative it is or how much new stuff that we don't already know, but I'd just thought I'd let you all know so you can take a look if you want to.

Trevor.

u know wat.. i prob sound like a bitch here.. but why when one thing happens does all other crap get blown up out of proportion.. its just stupid.. wateva happens on there can happen in sydney, melbourne or wherever.. i mean people arent being shot on cruise ships..like how many shootings hav happened in south west sydney lately..

i think the news, all the media, everything.. including people calling 2gb havin a bitch bout cruises should just get a life(good on the ones who called favouring them:rolleyes: ).. if they dont like it, it doesnt mean the rest of us dont.. p&o staff work so hard to make our time as enjoyable as possible.. whatever happens isnt all their fault..

cruises are the most awesome holiday.. if i had to choose 1 holiday 4 the rest of my life i would pick a cruise, and im sure many of u would too..

the media should just focus on something worth while not this!

u know wat.. i prob sound like a bitch here.. but why when one thing happens does all other crap get blown up out of proportion.. its just stupid.. wateva happens on there can happen in sydney, melbourne or wherever.. i mean people arent being shot on cruise ships..like how many shootings hav happened in south west sydney lately..

i think the news, all the media, everything.. including people calling 2gb havin a bitch bout cruises should just get a life(good on the ones who called favouring them:rolleyes: ).. if they dont like it, it doesnt mean the rest of us dont.. p&o staff work so hard to make our time as enjoyable as possible.. whatever happens isnt all their fault..

cruises are the most awesome holiday.. if i had to choose 1 holiday 4 the rest of my life i would pick a cruise, and im sure many of u would too..

the media should just focus on something worth while not this!

I am very torn when it comes to this sort of thing. I somewhat agree, but I also work in the media and have to think of what is in the interest of the general public, and while some people such as yourself, believe this has been blown out of proportion, a large part of the public are interested to hear the story and hear of the outcome of the case, in that case, it's the media that delivers. Unfortunately, the media is a necessary evil to inform, but I agree that they do take things to extremes a lot of the time and take things way out of hand. I am in no way defending media's actions. I think, in their own way, they are trying to protect the Australian public, covering stories like this or the one the other day about the drug sniffer dogs at cruise terminals.

It all boils down to people making their own decision, if they don't feel safe travelling, be it on a cruise or to a place where the evils of terrorism have struck, it's their choice.

Trevor

After watching the undercover story on Channel 7s Today Tonight I am not surprised people are turned off cruising. They did a story about the drinking, drugs and sex on the Star. It was pretty disgusting. I imagine that most of the ship footage was in the wee hours of the morning as the pool area wasn't packed like it usually is during parties. They had a lot of footage of the bar slides in Vila too. Drug deals in (I think) Vila and comments saying the crew are actively involved. Didn't see anyone I recognised.

I am now watching the Channel nine one about the death.

Archived