RCL cruiser trying Carnival..couple of Questions?

KatieRT

Just wondering if the Carnival cruise line has game shows similiar to the RCL line. We have always enjoyed the -Love and Marriage Game Show, Quest, and others?

Does Carnival have anything similiar to this? Also, is there late-night entertainment(comedians, ect) on Carnival?

Yes the do have game shows and they also have games on the Lido deck during the day such as "hairy chest contest" which is hilarious. They do have comedians. Theres an adult only comedian one night that starts at 12 which is usually very funny.

Greetings!

I'm wondering if the Love and Marriage game is similar to the Newlywed Game.

And, what's Quest?

I don't remember many times being bored on the ship. Then again, I'm the type who can just sit on deck or the promenade and watch people go by.

Which ship are you sailing? I'm sure that would help with specific entertainment questions. In any event, welcome. Lots of people here to answer questions.

Yes, Love and Marriage Game is close to Newlywed Game, it is very entertaining. They take couples from the audience, usually one newlywed, one couple married between 10-20 years, and then an older couple, 45-50 years married. The older couples are the funniest usually!

Quest is like an adult scavenger hunt. But, you can't leave the room. Teams are formed(and everyone can participate) and they give things to find. Somethings are easy some aren't. Then it gets a bit raunchy sometimes, like last time, I ended up taking my bra off and giving it to a man to wear, along with some other lady's panty hose, high heel shoes. It is fun, I don't take my kids with me, but we sure enjoy watching and playing!

I am going on Fantasy--oops Sensation now, in June to the Bahamas. It is a mother/daughter thing. 4 mothers, 4 daughters and everybody wanted to go Carnival but me, ( a Crown and Anchor member of RCI, I wanted another cruise under my belt, oh well), but I get to try and new line. The teens are looking forward to it, and i think the MOM's are too! Leaving home dads and brotheres!

I like games. I've won the Trivia games a coupla times (got my lovely 24-karat gold painted ship on a stick!):D

It may vary by ship, but I've seen various trivia games, Newlywed-Not-So-Newlywed, Name That Tune, and some others that I don't remember the names. Fun!

we were on Paradise twice a few years ago, and found the late night entertainment to be better than RCI, the broadway type shows were about the same, but the comedians and "rock" bands were much better on CCL. IMO

WE didn't really ever go to the games, so I don't have much to add there

There is nothing like the Quest on CCL. It is my favorite audience participation show and one of the funniest things I've ever seen.( 3 cruises w/RCCL). My DH, adult childern and I always played along. Sorry. Other shows are good on CCL and they have their version of the Love and Marriage Game. There is plenty to do, both day and night, but no Quest:(

On the Pride )a few weeks ago) they did an adult scavenger hunt, but I can't remember the name of it. They used teams of four. You had to have a digital camera with you (Carnival did not provide it) and you went all over the ship, not just one room.

Archived