Problem on the Pride ?

Scotty1

There was a small fire in the engine room, but it never affected any passengers and no one was ever in danger.

I have communicated with two passengers who were on that sailing and it was nothing more than an interesting footnote. More time was spent discussing what a great time they had. (I know others on the ship now and they have not mentioned any issues other than the delay arriving in Lisbon.)

I guess this is how a small matter gets made into a larger one.

we are boarding april 18th - who is bartending? hopefully, it's Liam.

In what bar?? Daniel and Gavin are at the sky bar.... I don't think the man in the Club is Liam, but I will check.

PS we didn't leave Lanzarote until the middle of the night last night due to high winds. Hopefully we will still make it to Casablanca, no word yet, but we seem to be moving at a fast clip!! :D

Today is the Market Galley Lunch!!! :D

Ha ha ha!!! :D

I just came from the galley lunch and I think I went up 2 pants sizes!!!

I had plenty of my favorites including spatzel and fish & chips!!!

PS, Iamboatman, I just did an on-board booking. You should get the info soon. ;)

The fire was not terrible. Just a few clouds of smoke.

But the pride slowd down for a few houres. After this they cancelld the stop on the acores. (They said it was bad weather but i think the problem was the speed of the ship.) Captain changed the course on thr 4th day of the cruise and told the people on the 8th day that their is no stop because of bad weather. I think the truth was the little bit slower speed.

A men nexte to me had a gps and he saw, that the course was changed much earlyer.

The problem with the crossing is, that it is to short calculated. There is no safe time for a little delay or something elese. They should calculate one or two day more.

Al least there wa a five hour delay at lissabon. A lot of the guests had to changed their flights. seabourn helped but they had to phone for every change to miami. The travel office on the ship was busy this time and it took realy long untill they had the information.

The worst thing on the cruise was a big wake hitting the ship. Al lot of stuff turnd over. The hardest thing was the equipment in the gym. All the heavy machiens flew around because they are not locked at the floor !!! That was dangerous that someone could get seriously hurt. Thanks god, that there was now one in the gym at this time.

Even the grills on the deck flew arround nearly hitting a woman next to me. That was realy poor for such a company like seabourn. In our suite all the cystal glasses were broken. Even in the gally they had a lot of wine bottels destroyd. There should be much more responsibility for the cruise guests...

At all i enjoyd the food, the service and the cruise, but the information politcs on board was really poor.

Matt,

>"Daniel and Gavin are at the sky bar.... "

Please give Gavin my best wishes and tell him I hope to sail with him later this year, so until I decide which cruise, he may not take any holidays! He is wonderful at inventing all sorts of colorful drinks.

Archived