Dolphin Deck advise for cabin selection

JJPacer

We had inside cabin 1850 on the Dolphin Deck aboard the Volendam. We loved the cabin and the location. It was quiet, no engine noise or vibration. It is midship, close to the elevators. We noticed as we walked through the hall there was a group of rooms that seemed to have more noise and vibration. We were never in these rooms. It sounded that way from the hall. It could have been fine in the cabin.

Cabin # 1930 and all the cabins aft from that number were OK.

Cabin # 1896 and all the cabins forward from that number were OK

Cabins between these two cabins seemed to have more noise and vibration.

We would book another Dolphin deck cabin. We talked to a neighbor in an ocean view room across from ours. They loved it. Their window was just above sea level. They could see everything from their window. There was no railings, etc ito block their view.

Thanks for sharing your observations. I, also, have noticed that on the lower decks of the S and R class ships there seems to be an area on the two lower decks where you get more noise (a rumbling noise) and vibration. I always walk through the hallways trying to figure out what cabin locations I might like on a ship.

On S class ships we have also found that the Lower Prom cabins on the port side just forward of the aft staircase seem to get a lot of early morning noise from the kitchens above.

Archived