ScubbaGirrl

Crusintogether

Hi Scuba girl,

You answered my first question. I just want to confirm your answer, sorry if I sound stupid, I just want to be sure.

I am making these plans for a small group I just want to confirm. If we book independently, which we would like to, then

-we take a taxi (which is approx: $4.00 per person, each way,plus the $1 toll)

from the pier area to the Paradise Island Ferry.

-Then, we choose the Dolphin Excursion ferry to Blue lagoon. So, the Dolphin Encounter ferry if it leaves at

8:30am, that is the 'excursion time' right? So once we are on the ferry that is part of the excursion? or the time alotted 3- 3 1/2 hrs?

So, if we are on the ferry at 8:30, we are on time for our excursion? I was under the impression the ferry left at 8:30 and the dolphin encounter would be beginning at 8:30, so we would be late....

I think I understand, get to the Paradise Island ferry 'terminal' by 8:15 to catch the 'dolphin ferry' and everything will be fine.

Does that sound right?

Thank you again-Amanda

Hi Scuba girl,

You answered my first question. I just want to confirm your answer, sorry if I sound stupid, I just want to be sure.

I am making these plans for a small group I just want to confirm. If we book independently, which we would like to, then

-we take a taxi (which is approx: $4.00 per person, each way,plus the $1 toll)

from the pier area to the Paradise Island Ferry.

-Then, we choose the Dolphin Excursion ferry to Blue lagoon. So, the Dolphin Encounter ferry if it leaves at

8:30am, that is the 'excursion time' right? So once we are on the ferry that is part of the excursion? or the time alotted 3- 3 1/2 hrs?

So, if we are on the ferry at 8:30, we are on time for our excursion? I was under the impression the ferry left at 8:30 and the dolphin encounter would be beginning at 8:30, so we would be late....

I think I understand, get to the Paradise Island ferry 'terminal' by 8:15 to catch the 'dolphin ferry' and everything will be fine.

Does that sound right?

Thank you again-Amanda

I haven't done this trip is a couple of years... but yes.. that's how I understood it. I would DOUBLE CHECK with Dolphin Encounter. They are the ones who will give you the times (for both the ferry and the actual swim). You are NOT expected to choose your own ferry schedule, it's part of the excursion.

As for getting to the terminal by 8:15am.. there is likely to be a long line for you to pick up your tour vouchers. (other tours use the same pickup windows). Give yourself more time.

Again, I would double check ALL this information with Dolphin Encounters.

I was considering taking my family of 6, including 4 kids ranging in age from 5-16, to the Atlantis Resort while in Nassau in our cruise in July. My husband loves this resort (although only seen it from TV or outside). I was considering surprising everyone with a day trip to Atlantis to play in the pools, slides and beachside. Maybe have dinner later and hang out. I'm just beginning to research this, so forgive my questions if they're repetitive or silly!

-Atlantis is best accessed during the Nassau port stop right?

-I'd like to reserve maybe a Comfort Inn or Atlantis room, but do they limit to 5 a room, as is common for many US hotels? (Once we squeezed by these requirements by playing the "bait and switch" with our identical twins. But, wristbands require registering all of us. Do you think we'd need two rooms?

-I'm unclear on how we get back to the ship, by taxi or watertaxi? If water taxi, is there a final trip back to the ship at night?

I was considering taking my family of 6, including 4 kids ranging in age from 5-16, to the Atlantis Resort while in Nassau in our cruise in July. My husband loves this resort (although only seen it from TV or outside). I was considering surprising everyone with a day trip to Atlantis to play in the pools, slides and beachside. Maybe have dinner later and hang out. I'm just beginning to research this, so forgive my questions if they're repetitive or silly!

-Atlantis is best accessed during the Nassau port stop right?

-I'd like to reserve maybe a Comfort Inn or Atlantis room, but do they limit to 5 a room, as is common for many US hotels? (Once we squeezed by these requirements by playing the "bait and switch" with our identical twins. But, wristbands require registering all of us. Do you think we'd need two rooms?

-I'm unclear on how we get back to the ship, by taxi or watertaxi? If water taxi, is there a final trip back to the ship at night?

Nassau is the port to access Atlantis and Paradise Island, there are alway taxi's waiting to take you there, or anywhere else you care to go.

As for reserving rooms - both Atlantis and Comfort Suites allow only 4 to a room, which means only 4 bracelets. Now that they use computers to track bracelets, there's really no way to play bait and switch. 2 rooms would be needed. Comfort Suites sometimes has deep discounts for the second room if you book with them directly.

You can grab a cab in both directions. Or the water taxi, which has a final boarding around 5:45 from the Paradise Island Dock.

If you are considering one of the better restaurants at Atlantis, you'll need to make reservations several weeks in advance. They book up quickly. Most downtown restaurants will allow same day reservations or walk in with a short wait.

Archived