Any uk cruisers with kids??

loobylouuk

Hi there i am a uk first time cruiser taking two girls 3.5 and 5 yrs.

I am beginning to think that i will be the only family on my cruise!!

It would be great to hear from anyone cruising on Sea Princess June 3rd 2006 that also has kids or indeed any old hands that might be able to offer any good tips.

Looking forward to hearing from SOME BODY!!!!!!!.......

Hiya, not going to be on your cruise but did a Caribbean cruise back in December with our kids (a bit older than yours).

Which ports etc are you doing?

Do you have any specific worries/queries?

Hi squeakydust, we are doing the western med, vigo,Barcelona,Rome,Cannes,Gibralta and a couple of others.

What i really need to know is whether you found the kids club adequate or did you need to bring toys and stuff too?

Were there enough activities to stop the kids getting bored?

Was there anything you didn't take that would of been really made life easy?

It probably sounds a bit silly to you but if you can give me tips that would be great.

Thanks

Lou

Ah there you are.

Yes, my wife and i are going on that cruise June 3rd around the Med. Taking 4 year old with us. Also bring Grandma.

Were hoping to do a few trips. I not sure if people appreciate kids on board or not? Mine is pretty well behaved (I would say that ) but i know i would be annoyed if there were unruly young teens every where.

This is our first cruise and were very excited.

Hi Lou

Probably didn't make it clear but the ships we've been on are much smaller than the US ships. However, I felt our kids club was more than adequate (it was my first experience of kids clubs) and I'd expect the Princess to have more/better facilities.

On 'our' ship there were three age groups. The littlest ones (which I guess your two would fall into) had their own room away from the older, noisier, kids. There were huge squashy shapes for them to lounge around in whilst watching Movies etc, and there were desks for them to draw, play games etc. Also there are, to my knowledge, so many supervisor per 'x' amount of kids.

Whether your kids will enjoy it will depend on their attention span, if they're okay in strange environments (my two aren't, but as long as they are together coped okay)

Things not to forget?

Favourite cuddly toy!

High Factor Sun Tan Lotion

Aftersun

Piriton - we forgot and my son got Prickly Heat. Poor thing was in such a state and hubby had to rush onshore to buy stuff.

Hats - ones that can get wet also

T-Shirt that can be worn in the pool/sea (unless you have a whole body swimsuit)

Face Cloth in a resealable bag. You wet it and use it to cover their face or back of neck if they get too hot/feel sick.

oh, and don't forget your patience!

This is the kids holiday too and they may just not fancy trailing round/sitting sunbathing for hours on end. ;)

We've been to Barcelona & Rome a few years ago, but without the kids. We also landed at Citivvachia (East of Cannes) but went to Monte Carlo. A friend however landed in Cannes and if I remember correctly she went to a Water Park, which her two loved.

Barcelona is a city you can do yourself. Apparently there is a hop on/off bus that tours the city. We walked (didn't know about the bus!) and came across a park with a small Arc de Triomphe entrance. Your kids would love this and it'll be a place for them to run around and let off steam. Also Las Ramblas will fascinate them with all the mime artists. When we went (long time ago) there was a McD's at the top end - so it may be worth a bribe ;)

Rome is HOT! Loads to see, but it is a walking place. Take a stroller or if you can 2. Your 2 are probably too young to appreciate some things here - like the Vatican (make sure you cover your knees and shoulders or you don't get in) - but it would be good to show them. The fountain is lovely and they'll enjoy throwing coins in. There is an ice-cream shop on the corner (well there was!) so there's another bribe ;), also the Colosseum is worth seeing as you have guys dressed up in oldfashioned costumes outside - a good photo op.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on in the Big Cities as we're considering doing another cruise next year in the Med, but can't decide between East or West.

Hope the above is of some help.

Ah there you are.

Yes, my wife and i are going on that cruise June 3rd around the Med. Taking 4 year old with us. Also bring Grandma.

Were hoping to do a few trips. I not sure if people appreciate kids on board or not? Mine is pretty well behaved (I would say that ) but i know i would be annoyed if there were unruly young teens every where.

This is our first cruise and were very excited.

Savannaman,thought you might be interested in the kids patters here they are at, www.webshots.com put in princess kid patters into the photo search and it will give you actual photos of a weeks worthof whats on, likewise for menus and adult patters.Enjoy!

Lou

Lou

Had a search for some info on the waterpark in Cannes....

"Cannes. Marineland. Is a bit similar to Sea World with dolphin and whale shows, and lots of other fishy things."

is what I found. Hope it helps.

Really do appreciate your help. i have looked at it and am going to suggest it to hubby and kids.Thanks again.

Lou

Archived