Le Havre Transport Advice

HeelMD

I'm assuming that we will fly into Paris and take a train to Le Havre. We are on the 6/25/07 Le Havre/Southampton/New York trip. The ship leaves on Monday and we were going to arrive Sat. AM in Paris and go to Le Havre on Sunday. I was planning on taking a train (RailEurope says it's about a two and a half hour ride) there and getting a hotel that night.

I know there is a small airport in Le Havre, but with such a short train ride, I thought we could do that.

Any thoughts?

I was planning on taking a train (RailEurope says it's about a two and a half hour ride) there and getting a hotel that night.I know there is a small airport in Le Havre, but with such a short train ride, I thought we could do that. Any thoughts?

The fastest train is just under 2 hours....and fares as low as 15 Euros - or 25 in First Class on the SNCF web site......bit of a no-brainer (even though its not the TGV...). SNCF (French Railways) journey planner here:

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?_TMS=1144275468482&_DLG=SvHomePage&_LANG=UK&_AGENCY=VSC

Peter

Archived