Century Sommelier Error

JAB8408

Reading about extra tipping for excellent Sommelier service, reminds me that I'd better post this message now, since Century is going to be going through such big changes next month...

I cruised on Century to the Western Caribbean starting March 19th. We sat at table 591 and the wine steward's name was PLAMEN. On our first night ONLY my husband and I ordered a bottle of wine with dinner. At our table, two other couples, each had a full bottle every night.

During mid-week, I checked our SeaPass account on the TV, a lession I learned here on the CC boards. I noticed that two other mystery bottles of wine has been charged to our account. I called guest services, and they said they'd look into it. The next day- a third mystery bottle appeared on our account.

When I went to the desk, they looked at me suspiciously, and said "These charge tickets are signed". Yes they were, but not by me. To make a long story short, the Sommeleir PLAMEN, had been charging some of our tablemates' wine to my SeaPass. He had gotten our name and stateroom from the first night's wine that we had ordered.

It was a scary experience for a few days. For all I knew, someone had our name and cabin number, and could have been charging jewelry, spa services, gifts, and other expenses.

My overall Celebrity cruise was excellent, as usual, but do be careful about what's being charged to your SeaPass. This Sommelier caused me some anxious and aggravating moments.

JAB

That had to be upsetting aggrivating for you! This is another good reason to periodically check your account over the tv. I always do. The only problem I've had was when my friend & I were traveling together & set up separate accounts but all charges were going on my account! It was irritating, but easy to straighten out.

Terri

This reminds me of a (good) story my hairdresser (or is it stylist these days?) told me several months ago after he and his wife took their first cruise during the honeymoon.

Aboard Millennium, he and his new wife had made an appointment to the spa for some massages, etc. Apparently, the person entering the appointment and charging their account accidently double-charged their stateroom for the services provided.

When he went down to guest services, they not only corrected the error, but waived the charges for ALL of their spa services to make up for the mistake.

That's simply going above and beyond in my book -- a nice example of exceeding expectations.

We had a bottle of wine on our account on the Millennium. Guest services ordered a copy of the signed receipt, but nothing happened for a few hours. We asked our wine steward and he checked it and found that another wine steward had charged a bottle to our state room by mistake and it was on a different floor and different seating. He immediately credited our account.This happened on the alsy night a few hours after i had given him a very good tip!

Just a remainder to make sure guest services actually credits your account for errors. I learned the hard way as Guest Services would yes you to death but never did anything. Ex. small balance error ($10), prize won never received. Yes, yes, yes it will be taken care of, etc. Never saw the item nor did my credit appear even after at least 3 pleas on each. Do not leave the ship with unresolved items. With the best cruise line IMHO you wouldn't thing customer service was a weak link.

HAL 9

Celebrity 5

Princess 2

Cunard 1

Archived