What to do this time in Grand Cayman?

bremmerh

I'd rent a car and get out and explore the island. The East End is a nice drive. You could also drive to Rum Point, and stop at the botanical gardens (which is on the way). The blow holes are also over on that side of the island. We've read lots of nice comments about the Lighthouse Restaurant, which is in Bodden Town (or Savannah).

There's a shop about a mile out of town, on the left side of the road called Pure Art (it's in an old white house). They have some of the neatest art from local artists.

We rented from Andy's and had a wonderful time during the week we were there. If you want to see a much more natural Grand Cayman, you need to get away from George Town.

This is totally off the subject..........twinkletoes4445 - where does your name come from? Are you a dance teacher or dancer? I love it!:) The reason I ask is that I am a dance teacher!

My daughter was a dancer...and we called her "Twinkletoes" when she was a little girl. It's hard for me to believe that she's twenty and away at school now. It just seems like yesterday, she was three, and there she stood in her little pink tutu. I miss all the recitals. She LOVED those. I'll bet you love teaching...all the teachers my daughter had loved it. Although on "watch day" (when they were really little) it was much like watching the teacher herd kittens. It was so cute! When my daughter was in high school, she taught a few of the beginner classes...and loved it. She now wants to do something in pediatric nursing...and she said it came from when she taught those little baby girls (and a few boys). She just loves children.

My daughter is still quite the tapper. She also used to figure skate, but she danced much longer. Her college puts on a song/dance review to raise money for The United Way and all the lessons came in handy when she danced and sang in the review.

Sadly, the twinkle in my toes is long gone! :)

Archived