Jeans

kstro135

We departed San Juan t 6pm, on March 28th. There were the usual early and late sittings the first night, but it was all open sitting. There were passengers in shorts and also in jeans that first night. We had jeans on, and asked the maitre d if we could take advamntage of the early open seating, and did we need to change out of our jeans to come in. He said we were welcome as is. I personally felt a bit uncomfortable, but we were not alone in our attire that first night only.

The first night, it is acceptable to wear your travelling clothes. I personally like to pack a lightweight skirt in my carryon luggage so I can change into it. This serves dual purposes. 1. I feel nice at dinner, not having to wear jeans, and 2. if it is hot out (generally it tends to be on cruises), you won't want to be in the clothes you wore in the colder weather back home. Jeans make me feel so warm when I arrive at the port city, I can't wait to get out of them and into my skirt. I'm sure you could do this with a pair of lightweight khakis or other items as well :)

Jeans are fine for the evenings. Just don't wear them into the dining room! Last time I was onboard the sign was still at the entrance to the dining room-No jeans/shorts in the dining room after 6pm.

I was told by X on my first cruise (before I knew of CC) that jeans & shorts are okay on the first night only. Though I have to agree with an earlier post... I like to change out of my cold weather clothes and into my warm weather clothes (capris usually) before dinner. However, to answer your question yes jeans will most likely be okay the first night. To be sure just ask someone while you are exploring the ship after you get on.

First night you can use dining room in your travel clothes, jeans or slax. They understand that everyone doesn't get their luggage before they can change for dinner, and who wants to lug around extra clothes. Do what you feel comfortable with. They won't put you off the ship! Bon Voyage!!:D

NO - You can either have something in your carry-on or in almost every case you will have your luggage in time to change for dinner. I would recommend that you not bring jeans at all, Wal-mart and Target sell fine looking Docker style pants for only $19-$20 pair if you need a few extra pair.

Archived