Travel Steamers

Duanerice1

Hi All,

We (board members) always recommend that people bring travel steamers versus travel irons. Dose anyone have any first hand experience with the travel steamers?

I posted this topic a few months ago and received 1 response. Well, we are going to buy one this weekend and just wanted suggestions as to which ones really work.

In the past, years and years ago, we used to have one, but it was a piece of junk. I'm sure technology has gotten better since then.

So, any ideas on which ones work?

Thanks,

Duane

I answered your reply before, did not realize it until I went back and checked it out.

I bought the steamer my friend told me about(Rowenta), I have only tried it out once on my husband's shirt. I tried it on the shirt that gets the most wrinkled , it worked pretty good.

I will get to try it out next week extensively when we go on our cruise.

I am keeping the box and receipt just in case it does not meet my expectations.

Maybe you will get more replies with someone with more experience using a steamer.

The little travel steamer I have works okay but I ordered something called Wrinkle Spray (.com) and it works just as well. In fact I like it more because it freshens the fabric and should work well at getting out cigarette odors. I bought it for my cruise in September but have tried it at home and I think I'll take it instead of the steamer. :)

I have the My Little Steamer from HSN. It's a little bigger than most, but it works awesome One fill and I can do the whole family's clothes for formal night. No need to have pressing done anymore.

Cruisingsaw, there was no specific steamer on HSN called, My Little Steamer.

Is that the actual name or can you be more specific? I have been interested in buying one but have gotten some ral bad ones

Nadine

For years, we took a steamer with us on vacations, and it worked just fine. It also meant I was working too. Last two cruises, I didn't bring it and sent everything to be pressed. Love to walk into the cabin and find all our clothes clean and pressed on the valet hook by the closet. You are on vacation! Don't spend it pressing clothes.

Cheers~

Archived