Need Your Help....PLEASE!

Enchantment 04

Hello!

To start off, I am 16 years of age. I have sailed on RCCL 3 times, soon to be 4! For my high school graduation [2007] present, my grandparents are taking me on a cruise! They told me to choose whatever cruise I want :) . I decided that I wanted to take it during either Christmas break or Mid-winter break because I want to be home for my last summer before college. I had already picked a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas for 8 nights to the E. Caribbean during New Years. Recently I have been attracted to Disney. Their cruises look like so much fun, and I hear that their rooms are a bit nicer. So I went on the hunt looking at my options and I saw a 7 night E. Caribbean cruise during my mid-winter break. I would have chosen the 7 night W. caribbean cruise during New Years but the price for a balcony was outrageous. I'm so close to switching but I don't know if I'll enjoy it. Do lots of teens sail with disney? Is the food good? How about the shows? are they like live versions of the disney movies? I heard that their sail-away parties are the most fun ones in the industry! My most biggest concern is that I wont find any teens and that I will have a bad time.

Hi again,

I forgot , the food is great !!! You have rotational dining. Which means you go to 3 different restaurants, each one is themed differenty, then you start over again and repeat it. You can request early or late dining. Your wait staff stays the same. They follow you to each restaurant. Sometimes there is live music, sometimes you do the limbo or other surprizes.Plus out by the pools you can get free pizza, burgers, fries, chicken fingers or chicken sandwiches, chips, fresh fruit, wraps, sometimes mexican foods. You can also choose a buffet for breakfast and dinner instead of the restaurants. Free soft serve ice cream by the pools too. there is a drink station there too with 24 hours aday with free pop, coffee, milk, hi c, hot chocolate, tea too. If you order pop at a lounge area you pay extra, but it is fre with your meals and at the drink station. so fill up there with beverages or foods to take to the movies or to the shows so it wont cost any extra $ I love the shows, sometimes it is a comedian, a magician, a juggler or amusical performance. all the musicals are disney themed, but are excellant. I would put them up against broadway performers anytime!!

The promenade lounge is a family lounge with live music a couple of times a day, this is for all ages and it is relaxed and fun. also board games are available there too. during the day many events take place inthe adult clubs that are family events. They are adult only after 9 p.m. Studio Sea is a family night club with all kinds of fun family events. you can go without your family, ok to go by yourself or with other teens or your grandparents too. You will have a paper called the Navigator in your room, read it and it will tell you all the events around the ship so you can plan out your day. Each evening a new one will be delivered to your room for the next days events. Teens have their own paper too.

Teens also have their own beach at CC too.

Oh room service is free too , just have a few ones to tip the waiter who brings your order.

Hope this helps some,

Please feel free to ask me any other questions you can think of and I will try to answer them or like I said in the other post, go to the dis boards and check it out for tons of information on CL

mom x4,grandma x4

If you go to the dis boards, on the home page click on Navigators and go to the 7 day for the cruise you chose and click on each page to see what things are done each day on board. It also will tell you which days are sea days and which you are in port.

These navigators are a year or two old, but you will get the idea of how it works on DCL. I must tell you that they have added many new things to the Navigators since these were posted.

For example instead of tropical theme night it is now Pirare night. With everyone dressing a s pirates at dinner then later to a pirate deck party, with music, pirate dancing, a skit with characters, topped off by fireworks and Pirates of the caribbean movie on the Dumbotron screen with a great buffet out on deck after the party. So far DCL is the only cruise line to have fireworks at sea, it's awesome!!! That wont be listed on the Navigators because they are too old. They have a new show called Twice charmed instead of Hurcules on the Magic too.

Rooms are larger than the average room on other lines too. The split bathrooms are so convenient for getting ready for dinner too.

Post on the dis boards and ask what current activities are going on during the cruise you are interested in and someone will give you an updated report of some of the things they are doing currently.

Don't be nervous, you'll love DCL there is so much to do, even for teens!!!

I should say especially for teens.

Service?? Well you can have a good or bad waiter on any cruise line. We have had awesome waiter and so-so ones, but even the so-so ones were very good, just not a stalkative as some and a little slower than the more experienced ones. We have always had excellant service in every department. Our house keepers were super, the entertainment was awesome. our wait staff excellant and the people at guest services and in the stores on board were very friendly and helpful, I dont know what else you could ask for. But as I said, you can have a good or bad experience on any cruise line,sometimes you run across soemone who just doesnt measure up to what you expect. Luckily for us this hasnt really happened to us yet on DCL.

mom x4,grandma x4

Hello!

To start off, I am 16 years of age. I have sailed on RCCL 3 times, soon to be 4! For my high school graduation [2007] present, my grandparents are taking me on a cruise! They told me to choose whatever cruise I want :) . I decided that I wanted to take it during either Christmas break or Mid-winter break because I want to be home for my last summer before college. I had already picked a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas for 8 nights to the E. Caribbean during New Years. Recently I have been attracted to Disney. Their cruises look like so much fun, and I hear that their rooms are a bit nicer. So I went on the hunt looking at my options and I saw a 7 night E. Caribbean cruise during my mid-winter break. I would have chosen the 7 night W. caribbean cruise during New Years but the price for a balcony was outrageous. I'm so close to switching but I don't know if I'll enjoy it. Do lots of teens sail with disney? Is the food good? How about the shows? are they like live versions of the disney movies? I heard that their sail-away parties are the most fun ones in the industry! My most biggest concern is that I wont find any teens and that I will have a bad time.[/quote At 16, you should be able to HooK up with alot of your peers on Dcl.They usually connect up around 10:30 pm. and roam the ship until 2:30 am. The common thread is you want to be on the ship, without your parent's. The neat part is, the parent's know where you are when they go to sleep on the ship. I've taken two teens, two times, and they had a Blast, both times, to the point, where we'll go again. You may even get your 1st, or 2nd, Kiss on board, either ship? Metrowon

Archived