To add to my review JoS...

I cant believe I forgot this in my review but on April 4th, we were on Jewel of the Seas and were the first cruise ship to dock in Cozumel since the hurricanes. In our compass it actually stated that we would tender, but there was an announcement at dinner the night before that we would be the first. So anyone going to Cozumel with Royal Caribbean will be pleased to know you can finally dock again!

I cant believe I forgot this in my review but on April 4th, we were on Jewel of the Seas and were the first cruise ship to dock in Cozumel since the hurricanes. In our compass it actually stated that we would tender, but there was an announcement at dinner the night before that we would be the first. So anyone going to Cozumel with Royal Caribbean will be pleased to know you can finally dock again!

Cool. Which pier did you dock at? As of 03-29-06 all ships were still tendering in Coz.

Nice review, BTW. We just put a hold on rooms 9584 and 9586 today for on 03/24/07 cruise on the Jewel.

We just got from from the JOS as well. Great cruise! I'll review tomorrow after I get some sleep (a 13 hour drive home!)

Just to add about Cozumel: We spoke at length about the port to the Loyalty Ambassador. I hadn't been to Cozumel since last April and it was amazing and sad to see the amount of devestation they have from the Hurricane. It doesn't even look like the same port. Apparently RCI owns the dock and has been working with the locals to get it ready. Only one section has been repoured (concrete)...other parts are still without concrete or on the bottom of the sea. Steel, rebar and concrete are just destroyed. That being said, yes, JOS was the first ship to dock and RCI was very happy about it. They are hopeful that more of the dock will be completed in 6 months.

Have other ships been docking ever since? Haven't heard anything since the Jewel.

Tracy

I saw a post on the Cozumel board where the Radiance also got to dock there this week.

Archived