Any Time Dinning Room

charmary

When we booked on the Sea Princess we asked for late dinner seating. We have been put on a Waitlist for it. When I called I asked to check to see where we were on the list. I was given that information but also told that if we don't get the late seating we will have the option to use the Any Time Dinning Room so that we can have dinner anywhere from 5:30 to 10PM. I asked if it served the same as the main dinning room and was told yes. Can any give me anymore information or experience with this dinning room?

The only difference in the physical appearance of the dining rooms will be in the pictures on the walls and the name of the restaurant posted by the entrance. You choose off the exact same menu as the traditional dining room. Instead of going to the dining room at a specific time and sitting at a specific table you go to the dining room when you wish to eat. You can ask to be seated alone or you can choose to sit with others. It is very much like turning up at a restaurant at home if you just decide you want to eat out that night. Sometimes you may experience a short wait depending on how full the anytime dining room is when you arrive.

Many people prefer traditional dining because they have the same waiter and tablemates each night. Others prefer anytime dining because they are not locked in to a schedule...it's just a case of different strokes.

With anytime dinning on the Sea Princess, we booked our time a day or two in advance you can call the dine line from your cabin, this helps stop you having to wait in line as the line for booked tables has around 6 people in it while anytime at peak times has 60.

On the formal nights we did not even go to the restraunt instead we had a very nice and quite meal in the steak house.

Again the steak house will have one night when you can eat under the stars if you want to try this book as soon as you get onboard as it fills up quicky.

If you want just to turn up and eat at anytime just ask to go on a mixed table . Less waiting time.

The other thing that work well for us is after a day or two meet others on anytime dinning and then book a table for your group.

Book this table for the week and its just like normal dinning the chance of getting the same table and every night is also very high.

yours Shogun

We chose the anytime option on this last trip. It worked great for the two of us. We never had to wait for a table. We had different servers each time. All were very good. We enjoyed meeting other passengers at dinner.

If you have a larger group, the anytime dining could be a challenge. We met a family of 7 on board who also had the anytime dining. They had to wait for a table a number of evenings. It was difficult on the younger ones to wait for dinner. If you have a large group, check with the Maitre D when you arrive about switching to traditional.

Archived