1st time cruiser, please help

hunymoonr

:confused: My fiancee and I will be sailing from Galveston on the Conquest May 21st. Should we plan our wedding before we go(mississippi) or have our DREAM wedding(beach in Jamaica)? Should we do Carnival's wedding or plan our own?

I have been reading your posts and have learned a lot(bungee cords, fountain pass, dining). Please help with any info. Thanks.

Two things for consideration...

1) If you plan a big hoodoo on the beach somewhere, and you are diverted because of weather or mechanical problem, you will be out of luck:( .

2) I would find it hard to relax on the cruise if I were worried about my wedding details - coming up:eek: .

With that said, standing on the beach, with water rolling over my ankles while getting married would be pretty special. If it is just you and significant, you could probably just show up in Jamaica and make it happen with no pre-planning. To do it on the ship, you will need planning.

I would just do it before, then use the trip as my chill out and relax honeymoon...

You hit it right on the head, both of us have dreams of a beach wedding with the water around our ankles(barefoot, of course). This is my 4th marriage,(previous 3 deceased) and his 3rd. (NO, I DID NOT KILL THEM)! I have spent HOURS searching on the internet and still do not know which way to go. I do not want a big formal wedding( as we have both have had that). We have 5 children between us(3 teenagers for me and 2 grown for him). I don't feel that we have to include them as this should be what WE want.. Any info on cruising is welcome, whether related to weddings or not. THANKS

hunymoonr,

If he's a keeper, do the beach wedding and you'll have memories for a lifetime. (sorry, poor choice of words maybe?)

I've only had one wedding and don't ever plan to have another. If I ever marry my DW again or renew our vows as they call it, I hope she'll go for a beach wedding; the first one was hers so I should get to choose this one right? :)

BTW, you just got MRDood sounding all mushy and nice. Way to go hunymoonr! :D

You can plan your wedding on the beach of Galveston before you go on the cruise. My husband and I thought about doing this, but I could not manage getting all of my family there at the same time. Look on the net for weddings in Galveston, you will be surprised at all they have to offer there. Then you can just sail off with no worries it will be just fun in the sun after that.:D

Tina

Archived