Cleaning chemical odors on Mercury

dylan

Hi My husband and I are sailing on the Mercury April 17th 2006. I would appreciate any info on conditions of Mercury in ref to odors due to norovirus outbreak and cleaning products used on the last 3 sailings. We both suffer from allergies and are a lttle apprehensive. Hope to hear from someone. Thankyou for your time. Carol

Hi:

We were on the 27MAR-07APR sailing.....They were,and we were reminded daily, spraying the bleach solution...everywhere, on everything every 30 minutes....I'm the kind of guy that (usuallly) isn't very sensitive to such things....I found that it's smell and genereal presence was obvious pretty much all the time...I also found my throat and sinuses seemed affected by it at night (in our inside, ie, enclosed) cabin....after a couple of nights, I really noticed my throat irritated at night , and in the morning upon rising....I'm not absolutely sure, but, putting 2 and 2 together, I'm coming up with the bleach as the culprit.

The latest word seems to be that they think they've got it under control, but will continue the regime...spraying, et cetera, for 4 or 5 days into this cruise (07Apr departure) just in case. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Any other questions, I'd be glad to try to help.

Kevin:(

We are just off Summit to Hawaii. We understand there were about 25 cases on board so the crew was in full prevention mode. The material they use contains bleach but also contains another disinfectant which is the residue left behind. While I understand there are those that might have a sensitivity we are glad they were doing it.

As for personal responsibility, the portable hand sanitizing units were at the entrances to all dining areas and a few other locations. While the vast majority of passengers used them there were a few that did not. Those that do not use them do so at their own risk and at a risk to others.

Archived