How is Christmas Cove?

trigger

• 1 month later...

We did the mini boats and hidden beaches excursion a few years ago and it also goes to Christmas Cove. I really enjoyed it but it was my first trip to the caribbean so I didn't have much to compare it to at the time.

The beach is very pretty, but small, with lots of broken shells/rocks, I wouldn't recommend going barefoot. The snorkeling was OK but there is really only one main reef and it was somewhat crowded with everyone trying to hover over/around it at once. There is also alot of coral damage..I imagine it is the same or worse now.

There definatlely is a lot of marine life, inlcuding TOOTHIE (a resident barracuda that comes around often because they feed her). I unfortunetly did not know about Toothie beforehand and it scared the hell out of me when she showed up in front of me..I can still picture the TEETH! The people that run the excursion got a good laugh out of it :cool:. This still makes me chuckle.

I know you will have fun either way, BUT have you looked at the St. John Champagne Catamaran Sailaway? That looks awesome!!! We are planning on doing this on our next cruise.

Enjoy!

Archived