Boston vs. NY and NJ

css

We are considering cruisng out of either Boston, NY or NJ. Which would be the least costly for ground transportation? We would fly to the closest airport to whatever port and are looking for a hotel that has both an airport and cruiseport shuttle. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We have driven to NY to cruise several times and between hotels, traffic and parking we are thinking that flying might be more economical.

It is easy to find packages that include shuttles in Florida, but I am having a harder time finding posts about these cities in the East.

• 2 weeks later...

I"ve never heard of hotels in either city having free shuttles to the piers. Cruising just isn't as big in NY, NJ and Boston as it is in FL. NY & NJ have easy access to cabs - you'll have to pay. And there aren't many ships leaving from Boston. I would just choose the itinerary you like the best and go from there.

Archived