Weddings during Spring Break?

Hi everyone I will be married April 7, 2007 and I am really nervous about the amount of Spring Breakers that may be on board the ship at this time. I knew when we booked the cruise that it was during spring break but due to circumstances this was our only option if we wanted to get married on a cruise. Can anyone who has been married during spring break share there experience with me I would greatly appreciate hearing how it all went the good bad ugly and any thing in between. Thanks

Haven't been married on a cruise but am considering it next March. Here are my thoughts...

Have taken two June sailing's on Carnival in 04 and 05 (Caribbean) and they were somewhat overrun with younger kids (pre-teen and young teen) who hung out on stairs and didn't move and ran up and down the halls. Took spring break cruise on Princess to Mexico this past March and found overall kid count to be less, better behaved and older - more like the 16-18 age group.

In summary I think the cruise line and it's target audience will have a much greater impact on the number of kids versus date. AND... if by chance you are considering Disney - no worries, kids are too busy to get in the way.

BZ

We got married on a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas in March. There were quite a few college-age spring breakers. We didn't really have a problem with them (we graduated from college 3 years ago, so it's not too far from our memories), but here are some things I noticed about them that might annoy some:

1. They were obviously really excited to be there. The most "hyper" part of the trip was the sailaway party.

2. Some of them did not realize the dress code needed for dinner - girls dressed in little tank tops and shorts, guys in jeans, etc.

3. Some generally drunk and loud girls and guys that would randomly strike up conversations with us.

Of course, we didn't really notice them at all once we were in port. I guess if you're having many days at sea, the constant partying might get annoying.

Thanks for your replies. . I guess I am letting my nerves get the best of me right now. I am so happy to be getting married to such a wonderful man I don't plan on lettting anything put a a damper on our trip. I just wanted to make sure I cover my bases I thought about noise and people being drunk and stuff and I figure we can handel that I just wanted to see if there was anything I didn't think about. :confused: Thanks Again ;)

We married during Spring Break 2003. We made sure to book a cabin at the end of a hall so we only had one other cabin against our's just for privacy reasons. My parents, on the other hand, had cabins on either side (we were all in suites). Some college girls had the cabin nextdoor to my parents, and to phrase it nicely, my parents got quite the earful at night from nextdoor - the girls and their male guests. If it wasn't the alcohol, it was the sex. Cabin walls on ships aren't necessarily soundproof and these spring breakers had no respect for time of night or noise they were making. So my advice for cruising during Spring Break... definitely look at cabin location and book in a location that has fewer cabins around. Minimum age for booking was 21 - something we had not looked into at the time since everyone in our group was at least late 20s.

For our cruise this March (Spring Break - I'm a teacher) we decided to actually look at booking ages of the various cruiselines. Although there were cruise itineraries that appealled to us on RCCL and NCL, we chose Celebrity for this cruise particularly because of the booking age of 25 (versus 21). We thought that might alleviate the college spring breakers, and were pleased once we saw the passenger clientele onboard. We were able to have the relaxing cruise over Spring Break without the party crowd.

So to answer your question, based on the experience of my parents on our Spring Break wedding cruise, yes, there was the alcohol and large groups of college partiers, but my parents were unfortunate enough to have the wild ones nextdoor. Because it was a full ship, when they asked if they could move, there was nowhere to move to.

Archived