Cozumel Diving

coiran

We've used Dive w/Martin our last 2 trips and had great dives. Set up our own charters so we had our own boat & DM. For 3 or 4 divers it is $300 and their shop is right at the Intl. Pier. If you contact them, Martin's English is marginal, so his Emails can be a little vague, but we have had no problems bth times.

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

I agree we have been diving with Martin for many years and can say he has great integrity. His word is gold. When he trusts your diving ability you get a lot of freedom just stay in the limits he requests, but this is true with almost any dive shop that you deal with a lot.

http://www.divewithmartin.com/

http://cozumel-diving.net/

http://www.scubatony.com/

We visited Cozumel Mon 4/17/06 on the Celbrity Zenith. We (myself, wife, and 13 year old twins) had a 2 tank dive planned with scubatony. We took a short taxi from the pier to the marina 'La Caleta' (sp?) where we met Tony and his Captain. Tony is a former LA policeman who found a better occupation, IMHO.

It was a 25 minute trip to Palancar reef. Tony was very complete with his safety instructions. He provided all the equipment we lacked. He was very patient with our differing levels of experience. We had a great wall dive. We spent a surface interval at nearby beach club where we had some guacamole, built a sand castle, and saw a croc. Next we made a drift diver on a shallower reef.

Tony was an excellent guide and I could not recommend him more highly.

Brad

Any recommendations for a good dive shop in Cozumel - I know, everyone says Alison is the best, but she is on vacation Dec 10, the day I will be there.

Ron

I dove with Blue Angel my one and only time in Cozumel and they were very professional.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from Cozumel and dove with Blue Angle for the week and will go back in November on a cruise and will use Blue Angle. They did a great job. There are alot of good dive shops big and small there. Just go have a GREAT time. PS ask for Cedral reef our favorate.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! This is so cool to see! You are all recommending Dive with Martin. That's great and I have to agree! Why? Because I used to dive with him years ago before I had kids but don't have the opportunity to dive right now anymore. I used to go down there every year with a friend and we'd dive with him every chance we got. He would only do small groups. Sometimes just the 3 of us. That was from 1990-1993! It would be just us and yes Martin is a wonderful person with great integrity, etc. You won't be dissatisfied for sure. I just know I was happy to see that his business is right on the ship dock when you arrive by cruise ship into Cozumel! He's worked hard for years and truly LOVES what he does. He deserves it!

Give him a call and have a great time!

when we went to Cozumel last year we didn't book anything ahead of time. When we got off the boat, we kinda just asked the people that were surrounding the pier what they were charging. We found someone who was offering a good price so we went with them. For the life of me I can't remember who it was, but I will ask my mom to look in our dive logs. It was a small little place and we ended up being the only 4 on the boat with the guide. A nice private dive with a great price.

No matter what, you can't go wrong diving in Cozumel. Of all the places I've dove, I think Cozumel has been the most beautiful. I dove in Cozumel about 8 years ago or so and of all the ports we stopped in last summer, I decided to dive in Cozumel again!

Enjoy! And say hi to the fish for me! :o)

Archived