Enchantment Changes Ports

On our tours of Belize, one to ALtun Ha and one cave tubing, we were told that they do NOT discharge sewage into their rivers like other countries. You will find Belizeans very proud and protective of their countries natural beauties. They have their own water treatment system and I ate at the local Jaguar Paw resort as well as the Wet Lizard and did not have any problems. Would you crap in the very water you bathe and wash your clothes in? My sister in law grew up in Belize and while they were poor they are clean and proud. In any 3rd world/Emerging Country you are going to have poverty and what looks to us like filth and discusting conditions....heck take a ride through the poor sections of any Urban city and you will see the same thing right here. I enjoyed Belize and have been looking into changing my cruise to make sure we get to go there. Even though I am cruising in January and according to this thread they will be going there, I think I am going to "jump ship" and book with a different cruise line to ensure that I get to stop in Belize. Of course, my luck there will be another reason the itinerary is changed LOL. NCL has a 7 day for less than our 5 day and the ship gets rave reviews. A much smaller ship, but that does not bother me in the least.

Archived