Parking at Canada Place - questions?

ghisl

We are driving to Vancouver and parking at Canada Place. Does anyone how far ahead I need to reserve a spot? Also, once we park, how do we get ourselves to the ship with all our luggage? I'll have my two elderly parents with us so a long walk and stairs is out of the question. Anyone who's used this parking facility, I'd appreciate more information please. Their website is not that helpful. Thanks in advance.

You can get more info on parking at http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/parking.html

The parking deck is just below the cruise ship level, and there are elevators, however if your parents have trouble walking I would recommend that you drive into the passenger drop-off area, drop them there, leave the luggage with the porters, then drive around to the parking area. There are no porters or baggage carts in the parking area.

The entrance to the drop-off area is the same as to the parking levels, you just take the ramp to a different level. When you exit from the drop-off area you will probably have to swing around the block to get back to the parking entrance.

Be early. It gets quite congested around Canada Place on cruise ship days.

Good luck, and welcome to Canada.

Archived