Snorkeling Mexico Rocks

Runitsajellyfish

Hi there, we didn't go to mexico rocks because it is farther north. we went to Caye Caulker on the water taxi, we went out to the reef in front of Caye Caulker with a shop near the end of the island. our guide was Rene. there is a lot of snorkeling shops. We are going back for a week stay at the hotel he has. I have found all sorts of information about Caye Caulker on gocayecaulker.com it is a website put out by the tourist board. I hope you enjoy your day in belize, we did and we can't wait to go back. cib

Thanks for the help! I'd love to spend the day snorkeling Mexico Rocks, but not enough valid info available. My second choice is Goff's Caye, but I'm worried about lack of restroom, food, and shade near the water. The little research I've done on Caye Caulker, it looks dumpy, but more "facilitating" than the other little cayes. I want to have my cake and eat it to, but if I can't find anymore info we may end up with Caye Caulker. Did you feel completely safe there?

We stayed on Ambergris Caye a couple of years ago and snorkeled Mexico Rocks, which was awesome, and Tres Cocos on an afternoon tour with Amigos Del Mar. It was just our family of 4, no one else had signed up, and the guide got in the water with us and showed us around, pointing out rays and a lobster. They have a website www.amigosdive.com you can check out. There are others in the same area in San Pedro. Hope this helps.

Thanks Steve O,

We went ahead and went to Caye Caulker, and it wasn't real pretty, and the snorkeling from the shore was a waste of time. The locals were friendly, and recommended a snorkeling excursion next time as you have to get away from the island to see anything noteworthy. The captain of one of the local boats confirmed that Goff's Caye was nice, but I definitely want to see Mexico Rocks next time I go back too.

-Jellyfish

Archived