Things to do in St. Marteen???

cnlshea

I am on the upcoming Dawn cruise this Sunday and I still don't know what to do in St. Marteen. I have never been there before and would like some ideas for a good time. It is myself, my wife and son 14. Any suggestions would be great.:D Thanks

We were just on that same sailing 3/16.... St. Maarten was our favorite stop!! We went to the taxi/bus area when we got off of the ship and told them that we wanted a tour of the island and then wanted to go to Orient Beach. It cost us $20 each and was great! They made several picture stops and let us off in Marigot for about 45 minutes to shop at the marketplace.

Orient Beach was great! We all went parasailing..They have plenty of food and drink places right on the beach. I had my 17 yr old son with us and he loved it too! Plenty of watersports right there..no need to walk far. Beautiful beach and the clearest water I have ever seen!! You will probably see some partial or even full nudity but no one even pays any mind..Our driver came back at 3:30 and took us back to the ship for an additional $6..not bad in my book! You will love it!

We did the Americas Cup Regatta. Everyone on board gets a job to do. Very exciting. Loved it!

Somehow I think a 14 year old boy would notice the nudity. There may be other beaches that are not nude ones. Check the Ports of Call Board.

You will enjoy this port no matter what you choose.

My husband and I did the America's Cup Regatta last June and loved it. It was so much fun. You can opt to participate or just sit back and relax. Most people do participate in the sailing of the boats. We wanted to do the parasailing, but had signed up for a high speed boat ride (which wasn't good) and didn't have time for a third execursion.

We went to the Sunset Beach Bar & Grill which is right at the end of the airport runway.

Get there about 11:00am when the big boys start coming in and practically land right on your head.

The food there is great, too! It was a fun day.

Archived