Miracle Aft balcony

babyclaytonmom

For past Carnival cruisers, I thought I'd read somewhere that the aft balconies (in particular 5268) dont have as much privacy. I thought it was that the dividers are lower possibly? Also I hear about how great the wraparound balconies are, are the non-wraparound balconies aft better than the normal side extended balconies?

Any feedback would help. Thanks!

Privacy exists only on deck four.

All the other decks, you can clearly be seen from above and the sides if you stand near the rail.

From the side:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166131536/1166677285057720145bPDbFL

From above:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/349926227/1349940657057720145zkWMkw

Deck 4, private!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/349926227/1349969979057720145UehCPK

the lack of privacy is because the back of of the ship slopes up rather than straight perpendicular. ergo, the upper deck balconies can look over and see what people on the lower deck balconies are doing and/or wearing.

i take coffee in the buff on my aft balcony as i watch the sun rise. those above me are welcome to watch the moon set at the same time.

• Haha 1

For those thinking of an aft balcony; Privacy

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=312964&highlight=aft

Pluses

1. Don't have to worry about weather you are larboard of starboard

2. Hard to get lost just head toward aft.

3. Everythings forward

4. Less hall noise

Minus

1. Not much privacy

2. Long way to the front of the ship

3. See where you have been not where you are going

I would have an aft cabin again. However Derfette doesn't. So, No aft cabin again.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1293683084062547426CKyqeR

your balcony will look similar to that one. its the one next door.

The cabin IS sooo very convenient- right by the elevators/stairs. up or down to get you where ever you are going.

Is there 4 of you in that cabin or were you able to book the cabin with only 2. (which is very rare)

you can look downinto the waters= there is a lifeboat there on deck 4/5 but its still an great balcony.

The cabin is big enough for its purpose.

THere will be two beds on the floor put together- an upper bed that comes from the wall. (gets put away during the day) this bed is over the twin beds on the floor. and the convertible sofa bed. the back comes off to make it a bed. (check under the sofa for two drawers for storage space)

You would be surprised on how little people spend in the cabin. (especailly with such a big balcony.

if possible get an over the door shoe holder to keep stuff in. (they sell them in the dollar stores or kmart. (it helps keep the cabin organized.)

4 people getting ready for dinner will be your hardest. If possible tell Lindsay and the BF to take showers in the gym area. the stalls there are bigger plus they get 6 shower heads all to themselves. (no rushing)

they can use the hot tub located there before taking their showers. Hardly any one uses the hot tubs located here.

We had aft cabin 8268 on the Miracle last week and it was wonderful!! It actually had more privacy than I thought, due to pictures I've seen on this site. Our balcony dividers had "extender things" mounted above the divider walls to ensure privacy. We could not see a single thing on the balcony next to us. Probably the only way to look at next cabin would be to stand on a chair and look over the "extender".

The only other privacy issue was if you were standing at the rail of the balcony, people from the Lido deck could look down. They could not see you if you were sitting in the chairs.

The balcony and suite were wonderful! The only disadvantage I felt was the balcony got REALLY HOT during the late afternoon. Too hot to enjoy sitting out on it! Several nights we wanted to have a drink before dinner and couldn't because of the heat. It was beautiful during most of the day, and the sunsets were wonderful after our early dinner!

thank you so much serene56.booked ext balc last july guarantee.3m. ago went to add lindsay bf.cruise went down 400.00 (great).ask TA about 9a.TA found ext balc booked it.turned to me and said this is a great room 6232.we can't wait .thank you so much.

One of the pitfalls of booking an aft cabin is the heat. Since you dont get ocean breezes back there it can get quite warm. I always mentioning that keep your curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cooler. (this is what we learned on the Victory because for some reason the cabin was warm in the evening even with the air blowing full) next day we kept the curtain closed as per the cabin stewards instructions and yeppers- it worked.

But I wont trade an aft cabin for a side one any days.

WOW, 8268 is the cabin that we have booked for our cruise next year. I hope you took good care of it. I can't wait to sit on that balcony and watch and enjoy the sunset.

Did you take any pictures of that cabin? Would love to see.

I had 5268 last September. You do sacrifice a little privacy, but only if you hang out right by the rail. IMHO the pluses, as mentioned by derf (including two of his minuses which I consider pluses!) far outweigh this one slight negative.

Just got back from the Miracle yesterday. Had an aft balcony 4232 and it was great, although I agree it get's hot with no breeze. Balcony was nice and quite. Go for it!

Can you answer a potentially stupid question for me? I'm thinking of booking 4232 on the Spirit for a Northbound Alaska trip. The pictures that I have found on Webshots show the flag that they fly off the aft right underneath your balcony. Was the flagpole in your way at all when viewing the wake from your balcony? I'm thinking that the pictures (all taken from the pier) are misleading because of the angle of the photo. Do you have any pictures taken from your balcony? Was the flag or flagpole in your way at all?

We have the two second-to-aft suites on the Miracle on May 7th (6258 and 6327). We also have the inside cabin across the hall booked where my 17 year old niece will be staying.

I am starting to get really worried about her because my sister reminded me of how car sick she gets!

We are talking with her doctor about dramamine, bonine or a patch but I wanted to get some opinions from recent AFT Miracle cruisers about the level of motion in AFT cabins...

We stayed in the very front once and it was very rocky.

How is the very AFT?

I can't comment much because the waters were pretty smooth when we sailed. However, at that time there was no more motion in the rear than anywhere else on the ship.

Take some ginger pills to use as a backup in case of nausea.

Hey Kaki sounds like we will be neighbors I'm also booked on the Miracle May 7th sailing in 6256. It will be my first cruise but from my experience in the Navy the aft generally has less motion because the center of gravity is towards the back of the ship.

We are talking with her doctor about dramamine, bonine or a patch but I wanted to get some opinions from recent AFT Miracle cruisers about the level of motion in AFT cabins...

How is the very AFT?

We were in cabin 6262 and we felt no more then we felt elsewhere on the ship- its like a gentle rocking sensation. I would try the sea bands for your niece.

Kaki-- i would bet that your niece will be fine this week.

Hey Kaki sounds like we will be neighbors I'm also booked on the Miracle May 7th sailing in 6256. It will be my first cruise but from my experience in the Navy the aft generally has less motion because the center of gravity is towards the back of the ship.

Wow, what are the odds! You will actually be right next to my sister, her husband and their 23 month old. They are great people, and will be fun neighbors. Baby Ian does have some rough nights sometimes, but hopefully he will do ok on the boat.

I guess being next door to a fussy baby is better than being next door to rowdy drunks, right? :)

If you happen to catch my brother in law out on the balcony be careful, he will talk your ear off! (in a good way though, he is a super nice guy)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see that you stayed in Cabin 5264. Pls can you help me out here in my decision. I saw the deck plans and this cabin looks to have a larger balcony than the others in this location on other decks. Is this factual? I want to be able to lie out in the sun on the balcony. Is ther much of a overhang, and what about sunloungers? This is a cat 11 suite isn't it? Pls give me any info you have. Thanks.