What time to get to the NY pier for the Victory?

gsc500

Good question. I asked this last week and had replies of everything from 10:30 to 2:00 in the afternoon! I am planning on arriving around 12:30/1:00. Embarkation is supposed to be at 1:30, but we all know it will happen earlier. I am hoping by 1:00 the lines will be down and we'll be able to just walk right on. When are you sailing? We are on the July 22 cruise. Good luck and have fun!

Shirley

We were on the Victory last year from NY and the Legend just last week. We got to the pier around 11:00. Depending on if everyone debarked early and the ship is clean and ready to go you may board around 12:00 to 1:00. Just go there and get in line. Make sure you have all your documents filled out correctly and have everything out for check-in. Have your immigration cards filled out and all your cards in with your documents.

For my recent Miracle cruise out of NYC, hubby and I got there at 11 am and were on the ship by 12! I suggest going around 11. You may have to wait, depending on how fast they clear the ship before you, but as a previous poster said, if you get there 2 hours later you will have 2 hours worth of people in front of you!

Sailed on the Victory last week. Arrived at the port at 11:30 and was on the ship by 12:00. The biggest hassle was sitting in traffic for twenty minutes. Four ships were in port. Carnival will tell you not to arrive until 1:00, and that boarding will not begin until 1:30. But if you look at your Capers Newspaper when you get on board you will see that things start at 11:30. Lunch starts at 12:00. My suggestion is to arrive at 11:00.

I am going with 3 children, ages 16, 12 and 2 yo. I don't want to have to try to keep my 2 yo entertained for an hour or more standing in line, that's why I thought arriving later would be better--hopefully no lines. Do you think arriving at 11:30 would be better, even with my kids? Thanks for the advice.

Shirley

I think if you arrive at 1pm you will be waiting for longer then an hour.

For one--you are not going to go at any time and be able to walk right on unless you go about 4pm. Anytime before that you can expect a wait of some kind.

We get to the pier about 10:30-11 and are onboard by noon -12:30 so you see- its gonna take at least an hour for all the processing.

Sailed in Victory last week, hardest part was getting to the port. There were four ships in and it took almost 45 minutes to get from W58th to the terminal. Once there (approx. 11:45) walked right in, up to the counter, and on board the ship in less than 15 minutes.

We got to the pier around 12:30 and got straight on - couldn't have taken more than 15 minutes. The rest of my family got there before 11 and had to wait. They got on around 12:15. Like others have said, the hardest part was transportation to the pier. We had the cab drop us off across the street and just walked the 100 feet to the pier. MUCH easier!

We sailed on Vicory on 18 june, We stayed in the Skyline hotel on 10 th ave , about 400 yards from the pier, however as we had 3 heavy bags we called a cab. We left the hotel at 11am It took the cab 1 hour 15 minutes(and 20$!) to travel this distance. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

On arrival however , we boarded very quickly (about 20 mins)

At least the Victory is the only ship in port for embarkation, so we won't have to deal with that multi-ship scenario. Thanks, Pokrchick, for your advice. I will keep that in mind when planning to leave for the port. I am driving in from CT, so that will be an adventure all to itself!

Archived